Scalping concert tickets

TarHeelBluze

Registered
I'm curious as to whether outside of large concerts (i.e. Rage Against the Machine this Wednesday) I can expect to find people selling tickets at a discount, as I could at a non-sold-out concert back in the USA. Anyone have any experience with this? Do people scalp tickets in the lawns? I want to see RATM but don't want to spend the $240 the tickets are selling for online.

Thanks!

I found discounted last-minute tickets to a River game earlier in the year. I looked on the Argentine ebay site and found a seller with a 99%+ positive rating. It's not a perfect system, but I think it's more reliable than buying possibly fake tickets from a scalper outside the show.

how can you tell if a ticket is fake? I want to go to the Yo La Tengo show tonight or tomorrow night at La Trastienda Club and both nights are sold out. Do you think there will be scalpers??

dianeknarr said:
how can you tell if a ticket is fake? I want to go to the Yo La Tengo show tonight or tomorrow night at La Trastienda Club and both nights are sold out. Do you think there will be scalpers??

la trastienda being a quite small place, it's gonna be tricky. anyway, being there makes it easy to check about the tickets

I doubt that there will be scalpers for tickets at La Trastienda, but you never know.

there were no scalpers, but they still had a few tickets to sell at the door!!!

Thanks for your advice :)

Back