School violence in Argentina

Johny

Registered
Please read this:
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/argentina/note.jsp?idContent=482778&hideIntro=true
"A teenage boy stabbed another student to death in Misiones, and a girl was beaten by classmates in San Isidro and was hospitalized due to the severe wounds sustained while one of them filmed the attack, among other violent incidents that were reported at schools.
A 15-year-old boy stabbed a classmate (16) to death in Wanda, Misiones, reported the school yesterday. The incident took place on Thursday afternoon, when two students started fighting, allegedly over a girl, a block away from the school. The attacker was remanded in custody.
Priscila, the 13-year-old girl who was attacked by her classmates on Monday in a public school in San Isidro, in Greater Buenos Aires, is recovering from the wounds and was discharged yesterday. Police sources reported two girls beat her up and when she fell to the floor, they kicked her as one of them filmed the incident with her mobile phone. They added that she then loaded the video on the Internet.
After the beating, the girl was unconscious and her nose was broken. Police identified the two assailants with Priscila’s testimony, and that of students from the 8th and 9th grades who attend the same school, after the girl’s mother reported the incidents at the police station.
Municipal Education officer Marisel Feijóo said Priscila will now remain at her house for a month, where she will take lessons with a teacher. Feijóo also said the attackers will not be punished until the incident is investigated, but in the meantime they will not attend classes either.
The girl’s aunt yesterday told reporters her niece “could have died” because of the beating. “The girls who hit her showed no mercy,” said the woman, who added Priscila was attacked for being “pretty.” The case is now in the hands of a juvenile court judge.
In Mar del Plata, a 16-year-old student attacked the headmaster of the school yesterday, after he was sanctioned for his misbehaviour. In Santa Fe, a girl who attends the sixth grade attacked a student of the seventh grade with a cutter yesterday. The victim only suffered minor wounds and already recovered.
These incidents add up to others that took place in previous days at schools. On March 27, a night school student aged 17 stabbed to death a 18-year-old classmate in Villa Gesell.
Herald staff with DyN, Télam"
All these incidents took place in ONLY ONE WEEK. After all, it seems that violence is not exclusively American.
I thought this could be useful to help people get real on Argentina, especially those who have this view of it being quiet and peaceful as opposed to the US being extremely violent.

I have been noticing this as well..my husband and I were watching the local news and it's been increasing with the youth and terrible violence for no reason! And also youth crime..not sure of the town, but it was South of BA with young teens with guns shooting at whoever goes by to rob them..there was a few minutes of video on this and just shocking to me...no respect for life....very sad and very scary! They stated this had started in Brazil and has moved to BA....not sure the answer here...maybe one is to change the laws as far as not being able to charge under aged youth with the crime...they go to jail and are turned out on the streets again to continue with the crimes...it's a vicious circle..

What ever is happening in Argentina it doesn't excuse the USA from spewing it's trashy - anything-for-a-buck super violent films, ultra violent video games, and general TOTAL lack of any civility what-so-ever. America is a war mongering open sewer of filth and the rest of the world is just taking notes.... and they talk about God, Jesus, the Bible, and the evils of abortion with the flag pinned to their lapel.... And I just gotta laugh till I vomit, and then I laugh and laugh some more.....

"Dudester" said:
"What ever is happening in Argentina it doesn't excuse the USA from spewing it's trashy - anything-for-a-buck super violent films, ultra violent video games, and general TOTAL lack of any civility what-so-ever. America is a war mongering open sewer of filth and the rest of the world is just taking notes.... and they talk about God, Jesus, the Bible, and the evils of abortion with the flag pinned to their lapel.... And I just gotta laugh till I vomit, and then I laugh and laugh some more....."

Dudester,
You totally missed the point... What i am trying to say is many people claim Argentina is less violent and more peaceful than the US, when reality seems to point in another direction.
The truth is many expats on this site are very critical of the US but when it comes to Argentina, they put on rose-colored glasses...
To suggest that the US is responsible for the violence going on here is hypocritical to say the least... Let's blame all our problems on the US, right? Nice scapegoating strategy, but too old and trite... And typically Argentine, by the way...

Well Johny, Pick up a DVD called "WHY WE FIGHT". See that the US is #1 in weapons and war machine sales around the world - not just once but - each and every year. We've been at almost constant War somewhere (mostly pointless ones) since WWII. The USA has been responsible for more murder of human beings than any other country in the History of the World. I can go on and on but I have better things to do. You can believe a - hole MFer's like GWB or open your eyes and see reality - that's up to you. At least half of the country lives in a giant haze of pure ignorance so if you choose to fall for all the lies and propaganda won't be any surprise here. BTW, am not Argentine (but love the place) - at least the people know "what time it is" (are HIGHLY AWARE).... Am European (American on paper and by birth unfortunately) but live part time in Paris - a place were I can walk for an hour or more across town at 1 or 2 am and NOBODY bothers me (I did this OFTEN) - a very civilized city, I LOVE IT !!!. Would be there now if the dollar wasn't so weak. Go to HIROSHIMA, n to see what the US is all about - it's just one big giant toilet, be sure to flush twice before you leave since it's ALWAYS almost over flowing... (Don't forget, April 15th, Tax day, send your $1,000's to Washington DC for more innocent blood flow in Iraq - HOW GREAT IS THAT !?!?!?!?! KILL EM ALL !!!! AMERICA SPREADS IT'S POISON WORLDWIDE

"Dudester" said:
Well Johny, Pick up a DVD called "WHY WE FIGHT". See that the US is #1 in weapons and war machine sales around the world - not just once but - each and every year. We've been at almost constant War somewhere (mostly pointless ones) since WWII. The USA has been responsible for more murder of human beings than any other country in the History of the World. I can go on and on but I have better things to do. You can believe a - hole MFer's like GWB or open your eyes and see reality - that's up to you. At least half of the country lives in a giant haze of pure ignorance so if you choose to fall for all the lies and propaganda won't be any surprise here. BTW, am not Argentine (but love the place) - at least the people know "what time it is" (are HIGHLY AWARE).... Am European (American on paper and by birth unfortunately) but live part time in Paris - a place were I can walk for an hour or more across town at 1 or 2 am and NOBODY bothers me (I did this OFTEN) - a very civilized city, I LOVE IT !!!. Would be there now if the dollar wasn't so weak. Go to HIROSHIMA, Japan to see what the US is all about - it's just one big giant toilet, be sure to flush twice before you leave since it's ALWAYS almost over flowing... (Don't forget, April 15th, Tax day, send your $1,000's to Washington DC for more innocent blood flow in Iraq - HOW GREAT IS THAT !?!?!?!?! KILL EM ALL !!!! AMERICA SPREADS IT'S POISON WORLDWIDE

Relax man! hehe, good rant though

I love the your people are pigs...no yours are rhetoric. People are not killing each other because of crap movies from the US. As to weapons in Africa they hack each other to death with pick axes and machetes. Stop blaming the US for everything on the planet. I am the most critical of expats of my country but we all have our issues. How about the missing of BA?

Yo, PK, here you go...... "How about the missing of BA?" (you mean ARGENTINA - not BA - don't you?). Answer: "OPERATION CONDOR" (spanish: OPERACION CONDOR) was a campaign of political repressions involving assassination and intelligence operations officially implemented in 1975 by the right wing dictatorships of the Southern Cone of South America. The program aimed to deter left- wing ideas and control active or potential opposition movements against the usually conservative Governments. Condors key members were the military Governments in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Brazil (with Ecuador and Peru joining later). The operation was jointly conducted by the intelligent and security services of these nations during the mid-1970's with some support provided by the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

BTW, I have never blamed America for everything evil done on this planet. For example, I doubt it had anything to do with the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ for example. Look, I can't do all of your research for you (try "Google" for info). Buy a book from Amazon called "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins to see how things REALLY work. As bad as you may think it is it's a lot worse than that. I have a friend who's dad was in the NSA for decades, if you can only hear what the old man has to say when he gets drunk.... Amazing stuff. Some people use pick axes to fight and some people use missiles and jet fighters - where do they buy this stuff from? Where did Sadam get the Gas to poison the Kurds and Iranians? Ever see that shot of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Sadam around that time? What was that about? Naive PK, SO NAIVE..........

PS I don't expect Americans to know this silly stuff or know where their tax money goes, they're busy watching important garbage like "Dancing With the Stars" - as BONO/U2 says, "You miss too much these days when you stop and think" - Long Live the "Ignorant Masses" !!!

Well, well, well there was a slaughter in the States last year in a University , wasn't there??? with a guy shooting like crazy...And many others in Universities around the States. Let's not take into account you can not walk in the street relaxed as in LA because you are attacked by High school students.So that is nothing new for you Americans...

you can not walk in the street relaxed as in LA because you are attacked by High school students.So that is nothing new for you Americans...
response: I am not sure where you get this info but I can walk the streets of LA just fine. I have never heard or seen anyone get attacked in LA even in East LA - maybe in the movies and TV - yeah. And let us not forget that violence is everywhere and they feed on fear. My teacher walks Culver City at night - because she is the teacher of those HS students who you "think and categorize" as will "attack" you....Sad when people lump us all in one general category..I wonder how they would feel if we do the same with the Portenos, Argentinians...

Back