Scots Lad Thinking Of B.a., Any Advice, Tips On Jobs Etc?

BTronic

Registered
HI, I'm a 30-something Scots lad thinking of moving over to Buenos Aires. I'd really appreciate any help, tips, and advice any of you can give me on finding fast and cheap accommodation, jobs (I'll start at the bottom and work my way up) and anything else you might think useful. I have very basic Spanish but integrate well and am looking to come out with minimal funds so I need to get things sorted fast. I have experience in customer service, bar work and am a DJ. Thanks in advance. B.

It is real expensive at the moment in general and the pound being so low sure doesnt help. Have a look on craigslist, you might find examples of bar jobs etc on there, of course, you will have to be over here first for them to even bother replying to you. good luck.

When looking for a job en negro (your probably only chance, as paperwork takes ages), the best policy is to just talk to them in person. There's bars and shops with a paper sign advertising a vacancy right on the door. Even people who are likely to pay you under the table are reluctant to discuss that online, for obvious reasons.

Bar work does seem like the best bet these days...check out the bars around Palermo where there are loads of foreigners and they might be looking for a native English speaker.

Back