self-fulfilling prophecy...

fifs2

Registered
Well as I have already mentioned on this site I have had 5+ years of wonderful Fibertel service and was devastated at the thought of losing them...devastated but practical however. We live in a 4 storey house and Wi/fi from the 4th floor isnt connecting well with the 2nd floor so when Speedy called me at home to offer me a 1 year deal of 80 pesos per month for local telephone calls + 3mg internet via wi-fi my husband and I agreed to try it since he works from home and must have internet...ok so I feel like im betraying Fibertel but I'm not giving up on them..I'm going to have both Speedy and Fibertel on 2 different floors ..and we can wait and watch what will happen with the Fibertel case.
Anyhow that was 10 days ago. Since then Speedy have made 3 appts to come to the house for the installation and not showed up...even though there is someone in the house at any time of the day. They have bizarrely even phoned to say they are just around the corner and coming soon. Today is the piece de resistance...they just called to offer me a special monthly deal of 80 pesos per month etc etc ...the guy was super apologetic when I explained I loved the offer and was waiting for installation...do they not use computers in Speedy to record customers? Is this the sign of things to come for all poor Fibertel customers who lose their service? I'm lucky because I still have Fibertel..but if was a home worker waiting for Speedy 10 days for installation?

Stick with Fibertel... its not going anywhere. Worst case scenario, they will sell it to a buddy company. We just had Fibertel installed at our new apartment. The techs were not the slightest bit worried about losing their jobs. And Speedy is famously horrible. We had the same thing happen to us... but with another company (the name escapes me right now) They even started billing us before installation. My fiance missed three days of work to wait for them. The last time they called before to say they were on their way. They didn't. We called. They said that their records showed that we had cancelled the service. We never had it installed even. The only good part about it was that we didn't have to cancel the service ourselves... they did it for us!! We promptly called fibertel. They came when they said they would and it works perfect.

ah, the kirchners can't even let me use a company that gives me decent internet. of course.

Alilou said:
Stick with Fibertel... its not going anywhere. Worst case scenario, they will sell it to a buddy company. We just had Fibertel installed at our new apartment. The techs were not the slightest bit worried about losing their jobs. And Speedy is famously horrible. We had the same thing happen to us... but with another company (the name escapes me right now) They even started billing us before installation. My fiance missed three days of work to wait for them. The last time they called before to say they were on their way. They didn't. We called. They said that their records showed that we had cancelled the service. We never had it installed even. The only good part about it was that we didn't have to cancel the service ourselves... they did it for us!! We promptly called fibertel. They came when they said they would and it works perfect.

I agree. Fibertel will carry on.
Arnet is ok once you've got past the initial setup, which doesn't work straight out of the box as they would have you believe.

Uol Sinectis, great in the West, probably not in the North area.

You guys are such tools. Internet here sucks ass. In my country we get a lot MORE paying a lot LESS. There is no competition here, it might as well be state run. But hey, when all you want to do is bitch about the current government instead of actually making a change.... Yeah it is what it is.

After ten years without any trouble with Fibertel, the service failed. I phoned, and the next day two technicians replaced my modem.

I sure hope that evil Obama doesn't force the company out of business.

Wow they replaced your modem for you huh? How about you've been paying shit loads of money for a shit connection all these years? Do you even care about that? No seriously, that was a rhetorical question. Obviously you care more about slandering your political opponents rather than be interested in acquiring proper Internet access.

Back