Sell Bitcoin

I've used for Argentine Pesos (ARS) https://satoshitango.com and they've been pretty good although I think Ripio has better spreads but doesn't accept foreign accounts.

I think satoshitango have monthly limits and require some documentation you might want to check that before you actually move bitcoin into your account on their platform.

Current rates are:

Buy : 1 BTC for 8,972,159.39 ARS
Sell : 1 BTC for 8,547,329.86 ARS

thats roughly a... gulp... ARS 530,000 spread

Maybe the Economist should switch from the bigmac index and do a bitcoin spread index.

Anyway at the midpoint that's a putative rate of 1 USD for 146 ARS

So if you're selling bitcoin its a rate of 142 ARS which is slightly better than the current blue rate: of 135 ARS for 1 USD

Hope this helps

Has anyone had success getting a local bitcoin account as an extranjero?

If you have a DNI yes you can. You might have to take a few selfies and photos of your DNI.

This was a couple of years ago, and they haven't kicked me off yet, so I assume it's still the same.

If you have a DNI yes you can. You might have to take a few selfies and photos of your DNI.

This was a couple of years ago, and they haven't kicked me off yet, so I assume it's still the same.

Hi Dougie, I have a DNI but recently localbitcoins closed my account (they have been closing accounts in many states) as I had opened it while I was still living in the states (Florida residents no longer allowed to use localbitcoins for some reason).

Wondering if they will allow me to open a new one as an Argentine resident. I sent an email to support but haven't heard back yet.

I don't know. I use Coinbase in the US and Ripio here in Argentina. You can use those as your off and on ramps and then transfer crypto to wallets at other exchanges.

I don't know. I use Coinbase in the US and Ripio here in Argentina. You can use those as your off and on ramps and then transfer crypto to wallets at other exchanges.

Thanks.

any issues with AFIP by using an Argentinian platform like Ripio? I do not have monotributo or anything like that

to be more specific I have a Coinbase account to buy the BTC. All I need is to sell BTC in pesos to fund my daily expenses (I spend a lot by Argentinian standards.).

I've cashed out small amounts into Mercado Pago. I know you can cash out into your bank account too. I don't know at what amount AFIP is going to start asking questions.

If you want to make transactions outside the formal banking system, I'd recommend asking at cuevas that you trust if they accept BTC. Then you could send to their wallet, and get the pesos in cash.

Does anyone know of a cueva or something where I can exchange BTC for cash without an ID?

I've used CashApp to send $ from US to UK, but does Argentina have CashApp?
I used CashApp in Argentina without problems. However, at this point I use CoinbasePro because the fees are much less - 0.5%

Does anyone know of a cueva or something where I can exchange BTC for cash without an ID?
The only cueva I know of will take USDT and give you pesos at the blue value (they may have said USDC I can't remember)

Back