Selling A Car / Buying Another Car - Help?

Sleuth

Registered
My wife wants to sell our 2011 Chery Tiggo 4x4 and get a car with automatic transmission. I'm hoping someone has some advice on the easiest way to sell a used car and buy a new one here. I'd prefer to pay someone to handle as much of the process as possible. (I've heard it's all a pain in the ass.)

I think I remember reading that there are gestors (?) who can handle this for you? Anyone have any more advice?

Thanks.

Probably the easiest thing to do is have a concesionario sell your car. They'll take care of all the paper work like changing the name on the patente of the car.

With most concessionarios you could trade your car as part of payment for another one. That is my understanding anyway although I have never done it that way.

Do some window shopping with your wife to see what you want and then ask. That would be the easiest solution.

I'd agree - easiest of everything is just to have the dealer take the old car. However, another option - when I bought mine used from an individual, he had us pay the amount directly into the account of the dealership where he was buying the new car to use towards the purchase of the new car. Seemed relatively straightforward.

Go to Dietrich Previously Owned Cars ! They will take your car and do all the paperwork at Honduras 4240 ,

Palermo. http://www.onlinedietrich.com/contacto/

http://www.onlinedietrich.com/landings/2013/entrega.html

The car buying market is a huge mess right now. My mother-in-law wants to buy a new car and my husband and I are doing the footwork (checking out cars, getting quotes, etc.) I'm not sure what car you're planning to buy, but many are either out of stock or have been hit with the impuestazo as it's being affectionately called. There's problems with parts and imports. For example, a dealer told us there are no more Renault Dusters until next year... and maybe not even then. Heard the same about a couple other models at dealers. Some say they are waiting out until taxes/rates go up again (which supposedly soon), but who knows.

As for your old car - you can sell it privately, but with the paperwork involved and trying to find a buyer, you may be better off trading it in at the dealer. We were told that to trade in the old car, it'd have to be done 48 hours before the new car is given (for a car that is in stock.) Ask different dealers for quotes, though they should be similar. The last car we sold we sold privately, because being an import nobody really gave us a fair price for it. Some of the dealers wanted it for themselves, but the scare of not being able to find parts for imports is palpable... it was also the reason we ended up selling it.

many models made in Brazil are not being imported.

That is the case of the Duster , as pointed out by Crema Americana.

Chevrolet are still bringing stuff in from Mexico , but that probably wont last long

Toyota Argentina sells plenty of their made in Argentina vehicles abroad. So each time, anyone wanting to import into the Argie, one must sell an X amount and taking in the revenue to be able to import for their business countinuity. Toyota branded vehicle should be in stocks mostly...Besides, Toyota/Lexus brands last a long,long time without requiring constant servicing. But to sell your "Cherry" made in China perhaps a bit difficult ? You can certainly expecting a big _low ball_ offer on a trade-in from any Auto dealer agencies there in BsAs..
So good luck in selling your Cherry car.

Just a quick update - we found a [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]concesionario through a wife's friend. He sold our car in 4 days and for maybe $10,000 pesos less than if we had done it all ourselves. We were very happy with the whole deal too - they did all the paperwork! Thanks for the advice and suggestions.[/background]

Just out of curiosity, what automatic transmission are you going for? We're also in the market to get an automatic and it's not easy so far ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ben Expat Life 5
nicoenarg Expat Life 0
J Services Offered 0
E Expat Life 9
A Expat Life 2
Back