Selling car to Argentine Person

FYI, you can also "donate" the car. Either a legit donation or of course, if some Argentine has a "fundacion" you may be able to get cash.

Wait, that would be illegal...never mind :p

Also as I understand it, AFIP passed a new rule last year saying that any foreign vehicle or one registered under a 'non-resident' owner cannot leave and reenter this country. For example, if you drive to Punta Del Este in the summer for 2 weeks, you would not be able to drive it back into Argentina.

fundacions are just another way for Argentines to defraud AFIP. might work.

My understanding after significant research is in alignment with what is posted above.

I am presently planning to sell my car, a 1996 Toyota 4Runner that I drove down from the United States. My best shot, according to all sources, is to drive it to Paraguay and sell it illegally, or sell it to a foreigner. That do import cars there legally that are less than 10 years old, but unfortunately, that's not an option here.

I plan on posting a thread about the car for sale soon, I don't mean to hijack a thread. You can PM me though if you're interested, its a bad ass ride.

LostinBA said:
Also as I understand it, AFIP passed a new rule last year saying that any foreign vehicle or one registered under a 'non-resident' owner cannot leave and reenter this country. For example, if you drive to Punta Del Este in the summer for 2 weeks, you would not be able to drive it back into Argentina.

I re-entered the country ~1 week ago with my US titled car, from Uruguay coincidentally.

LostinBA said:

That certainly is new. I though if you were a temp resident you HAD to leave with your car every X month to renew the cars permit.

The car looks like it's an Infinity. Since they don't sell or service them ,here, I'm sure that getting a part would pure pleasure. If you have insurance, why not have the car get stolen? Everyone's honest to a point . Too bad it's not a convertible. If it were you could make it into a lovely planter.

Hi guys. Have you had the car over a year? what year is the car...how much.?

Car is an Infiniti QX4 but it is the same as a Nissan Pathfinder of which I've seen a good few around. All the parts are the same as a Nissan Pathfinder apart from the external bumpers etc.

It is possible to change ownership from one to another in the USA from abroad. This is no problem. I know people that have done it. You apply to the DMV like anyone else and receive your new plates and pink slip. Bingo, the car is yours and so long as you keep up or renew your registration before you hit the US, you cannot be stopped really.

The car is 2000. It's US$8000.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ben Expat Life 5
nicoenarg Expat Life 0
J Services Offered 0
E Expat Life 9
A Expat Life 2
Back