Service wants $3500 to ship my dog from EZE to Miami via American

Fiscal

Registered
Is this really worth it? Isn’t this just a matter of taking my dog to Senasa, getting his paperwork, and buying a crate and checking with me when I fly? $3500 is more than my ticket!

Cotización:

La cotización esta basada en las medidas de la jaula.

En respuesta a tu consulta por el envío de un canino border collie, desde Ezeiza a Miami, en una jaula que mide 101cm x 69cm x 76cm, por aerolínea American Airlines.

El importe asciende a USD 3500 pagaderos en pesos Argentinos al tipo de cambio del BNA del día que nos abone o en dólares estadounidenses.

El pago se puede realizar de las siguientes maneras: Pago en efectivo en nuestras oficinas ó Mediante depósito bancario o transferencia bancaria.

El servicio comprende: flete aéreo internacional, recargas de la compañía aérea, seguridad, combustible, tasa aeroportuaria, despacho de aduana, firma exportadora, derecho de exportación, gasto de agente, verificación, bodega fiscal, reserva y seguimiento hasta destino final.

the senasa process is a little time consuming and can be a pain.

then you need a vet certificate of health and you should be good to go

the estimate is likely for the guide to bring your dog from airport to airport so it includes the guides ticket also. I don't see all the senasa BS included in the estimate and that's really the most difficult part.

Thanks. I asked specifically about Senasa and that is not included. I have to do it myself.
Do I need a guide though? I’m flying too.

Have you looked at a short flight to Santiago and then flying your dog up from there with the extra airline options available?

Thanks. I asked specifically about Senasa and that is not included. I have to do it myself.
Do I need a guide though? I’m flying too.

I have seen people bring them through without a "guide".

I would call the airline or go to the airport and ask... If you don't need a guide then you should be all good. Once you do the pet thing a couple times and you're familiar it's really not difficult.

Bare in mind that " tipo de cambio BNA " means 103 ARS so actually it would cost you 1750 USD if you exchange at the blue rate. Not too bad imho. Just say you are paying in PESOS.

My last trip with a dog was ten years ago. At that time, the crate counted as an additional piece of luggage, and the charge was about a hundred dollars. Check with the airlines - they all have different rules.

Your vet can do the dog's health certificate, and probably can get someone to do the SENASA certification, for a fee.

Hope your Border Collie has a safe trip - they are a lovely breed.

Last edited:
Back