Shipping from Argentina

jp said:
if its 350dollars for 25kg, it would probably be cheaper to buy a plane ticket and bring it back it person. Also avoid any customs nasties.

Another bonus being - you get to come back to BA :)

listen as much as i would love that, i am no way in hell flying to BsAs to fill my suitcase with loose leaf yerba!! im sure i would feel the full force of customs nasties:eek:

but yea, i get what your saying :p

Before I rejoined the corp world, I looked at exporting. After some preliminary research, the costs of shipping, taxes and paperwork made it very apparent it was not the route I wanted to take. I just checked out of curiousity on Fedex and a 25 kg package shipped to Ireland economy (10 days) is 460 USD.

Thanks Citygirl!!!!!

Well thats that done and dusted!! I can get all the products i want shipped from germany. I was just curious to know if i could take advantage of a much cheaper market while paying the additional expense in shipping, i am VAT Registered in the UK, so claiming back the tax isnt going to be an issue, but regardless it does still seem an unlikely route sadly...

One option you might want to consider is putting products on a cargo ship. (although I would rule out alfajores given they might melt ;) ). I don't have any contacts but I wonder if you could arrange to use part of a container to ship. Granted, not a fast method but it might be possible and would be much less expensive.

yea its something i will look into once im established. I think for now though i will stick to my supplier in Germany.

Thanks for your help anyhows!!!

Back