Shipping Nearby

jeff1234

Registered
I tried unsucessfully to order some stuff on Amazon, but they wont ship to Argentina.
Has anyone found a way around this?
Maybe a place in Colonia that receives and holds packages?

I am surprised you couldnt get something shipped here from amazon, as a friend got some books about a month ago, he order maybe 2 months ago though, and he had to go to EZE to collect.

books used to come through to your door no problem, any other items cannot be shipped here. i have an order due to arrive next week, will be interesting to see if i have to go to ezeiza this time (it's just books again)

I had my kindle repaired/replaced by amazon. They charged me 100% tax on the cost of the item arriving even though it was a replacement. (i had brought the previous one with me on arriving to Argentina)

On complaining to amazon they eventually gave me the money back in credit. Only problem is you can't buy a crap load of their "digital goods" here so i still have credit to use at somepoint....

syngirl said:
books used to come through to your door no problem, any other items cannot be shipped here. i have an order due to arrive next week, will be interesting to see if i have to go to ezeiza this time (it's just books again)
I admire your positive attitude. I had to go to EZE once to pick up a package. I think it took about four hours and I swore I would NEVER do that again of any reason!

FYI there are black market shippers who can get your stuff in. They specialize in electronics and charge 50% of the value for taking care of freight plus taxes.

You have to go pick it up at an office, but much better than going to EZE or Retiro and waiting for four hours.

Recently I received a 150 dollar electronic board from Hong Kong with no problems, via Fedex. It only paid 28 pesos duty! Also ball bearings, no problem. But in general it's a toss of the dice...

Whatever you do, do NOT have it addressed to a company or FROM a company if possible. Make it to you personally. Makes a big difference!

Also electric goods won't come in, they need "certification". If you ship an electronic item, do it without the power converter.

Back