shipping things to argentina?

alc4y27

Registered
hello all

I am moving to BA for a job and they are going to pay to ship a crate 2m3 of my things. I have to make a detailed packig list and want to make sure I dont pack anything they wont let in. Does anyone know if you can bring in beauty products, shampoo make up etc. I know you arent supposed to ship canned food etc. Does anyone have experience with this? thank you!!

Yes you can bring those things in. I shipped 4 suitcases in when I came down. And a lot of products, medication, etc, all in suitcases and they didn't even question because I made sure that it lists all of it as your belongings and not new merchandise. Also, be forewarned that if the weight is too heavy it will end up at customs at EZE, but after you pay the storage and duties you'll be able to bring it in no problem.

Rather than put it in a crate and ship it, I'd pack it as luggage, pay for extra luggage and bring it with you on your flight over. Its a lot easier bringing things in as checked luggage than shipping them in, and getting them past customs. Even if you have all your residency paperwork in order, its a potential headache that can be completely avoided by taking everything you want as accompanied baggage.

Last trip (2008) I brought five suitcases. Three of them weighed exactly 100lbs...the other two weighed 75 and my carry on (full of books) weighed almost 50. I paid $750 in excess baggage charges and breezed thought customs at EZE with the help of one of the porters who I tipped $20 pesos. We each pushed a cart outside and went to where the taxis were droping off departing passengers. I paid 30 pesos extra for the bags..total $120. You should expect to pay more for the taxi today...at least $200 pesos if you have anywhere near that much luggage. It's so much easier and cheaper than shipping.

alc4y27 said:
hello all

I am moving to BA for a job and they are going to pay to ship a crate 2m3 of my things. I have to make a detailed packig list and want to make sure I dont pack anything they wont let in. Does anyone know if you can bring in beauty products, shampoo make up etc. I know you arent supposed to ship canned food etc. Does anyone have experience with this? thank you!!

It may be a different set of requirements for containers v crates but my company paid for my container to enter and leave and no liquids were allowed (face creams, shampoo obviously) nor even hard soaps in bars. Dry food products like teas etc were fine. Similarly strange things like coins from my son's moneybox were asked to be removed. Your best bet is to get the shipping company to give you the list of requirements to get this through customs or you may face a nightmare of paperwork...or it could all smooth sailing on the day as the joy of Argentina (and the sorrow sometimes) is the flexibility and randomness of how laws and regulations are applied. Best of luck with it.

thanks, iam not worried about weight though as it is going by sea, I know it has to go thru customs when it comes in so hope there are no probñems

they wont pay for that......the only way the shipping costs are covered is if it is shipped by sea

The company that shipped my goods into Argentina b sea was Transpack and they were so professional we were blown away. Their website has useful links on enecessary paperwork etc and common errors in importing goods - it's in Spanish but hopefully you can have a friend translate it if you dont speak Spanish. Hope it helps. http://www.transpack.com.ar/..we were so happy we used them for exporting our goods and there wasnt a flaw in the process even for artwork.

Back