shipping to argentina

argenstated

Registered
I was an exchange student who recently returned from Argentina.

I’d like to send my host family a scrapbook of our time together.

I’ve been warned a lot against sending packages to Argentina. However, since the book is only sentimentally valuable, would it still be subject to a ton fees/taxes? Or should I wait until I have a chance to visit Argentina?

I was an exchange student who recently returned from Argentina.

I’d like to send my host family a scrapbook of our time together.

I’ve been warned a lot against sending packages to Argentina. However, since the book is only sentimentally valuable, would it still be subject to a ton fees/taxes? Or should I wait until I have a chance to visit Argentina?
I think that's a lovely idea but now is not the time. None of the carriers I am currently interested in (not an exhaustive list, I know) are currently shipping anything to Argentina because of the situation here and I would worry that a packet might just end up abandoned in a shed somewhere. I would think about doing it once everything calms down a bit

Hey folks, restarting this thread for a quick opinion check. If i have some visibly worn clothes and old prescription sunglasses shipped from the US in an obviously home-packed package (no retail receipts, etc) do you think they'll make it through customs without steep taxes? I'd been intending on having a friend bring some of my old belongings down but it doesn't look like anyone is making it in the country anytime soon. Has anyone been able to ship personal belongings without them being taxed? If so, which couriers did you use and how long did it take? Let me know, thanks!

I recently received a package from my family. It had 4 spice bottles and a kitchen towel. $400 shipping plus 200 some pesos in tax upon delivery. 2 months to deliver

Hey folks, restarting this thread for a quick opinion check. If i have some visibly worn clothes and old prescription sunglasses shipped from the US in an obviously home-packed package (no retail receipts, etc) do you think they'll make it through customs without steep taxes? I'd been intending on having a friend bring some of my old belongings down but it doesn't look like anyone is making it in the country anytime soon. Has anyone been able to ship personal belongings without them being taxed? If so, which couriers did you use and how long did it take? Let me know, thanks!

It would be my best guess that everything gets taxed as Argentina needs money!

(The way they may be looking at it ...if you want the package, you are going to pay.)

Yes definitely avoid getting anything sent from abroad unless you have lots of patience and money...or know someone that can receive it in a Consulate/Embassy.

Magazines and letters arrive without problems. It has been this way for many years. Anything else is either a definite NO, or maybe a crap shoot.

Back