Shipping to Canada

phillipadsmith

Registered
Hi there,

Looking for some advice on how to ship some things back to Canada? I've read on the forums about the national service being quite reliable -- however, I have no idea what the "national service" is, or where to find it.

We live in San Telmo and I'm wondering if there's a place nearby that we can visit to get some details on the cost and so on.

Any advice appreciated,

Phillip.

The 'national service' is just the regular Argentine post, Correos Argentinos. It's probably the cheapest option. I've meet people who sell online & use the regular post office & have never had a package lost. I think the risk is the package coming into Argentina not going out.

I've sent packages to Canada through Correo Argentino and it was quite reasonable... about 60 pesos for a 3 kilo package, I think. Got to Toronto in about 10 days.

just went to correo argentino today.

mailed 2 packages to the UK. Needed to split into to as it had to be under 2kg each. They sold me the boxes for 6 pesos each. and the shipping with 'track and trace' cost 114 pesos each. Was pretty straightforward. Write address to / from on box itself. Fill in 2 forms for customs, declaring contents and value (in USD). You should have some form of ID as they ask for your DNI but used my driving license and that worked ok. She said it would take about 2 weeks to get there. The woman was very nice and helpful despite my butchering of the language (though she spoke no english). I went to the one on Col Diaz (just a few blocks north of santa fe) near alto palermo shopping center.

Tried to go to DHL first but that was over 3x the price btw.

fingers crossed that they get there ok as they are very very belated xmas gifts :)

unstuck said:
I've sent packages to Canada through Correo Argentino and it was quite reasonable... about 60 pesos for a 3 kilo package, I think. Got to Toronto in about 10 days.

Yes, I've had the same positive experience. Sent a small package to Toronto about 10 days ago and it arrived today. I had it registered with a tracking number it cost $50 pesos.

Back