Shocking! careful with the electricity here...

220 or 110 volts makes little difference in the shock you get. It's the AMPS that provide jolt.
Plus almost nothing here is grounded properly!

Did another check.
My shop fluctuates between 185v and 203v.
Ten blocks away in our house, it's steady at 213v.

I figure the iron cord draws about 5 amps so it was a pretty good shock and rattled my brains a bit. Thank god it was AC not DC, I wasn't touching walls and had pretty good rubber soles on my feet. What a boring way to die. But then again...I could have been a contender for the Darwin Awards. For those of you who aren't familiar with the annual Darwin awards, they are posthumously awarded to the individual who manages to leave this earth in the most asinine way possible whether it be, for example, trying to tickle your dog with the butt of your loaded shotgun or threatening a drunk Mike Tyson to a one-off...

www.darwinawards.com

Nominees significantly improve the gene pool by eliminating themselves from the human race in an obviously stupid way. They are self-selected examples of the dangers inherent in a lack of common sense, and all human races, cultures, and socioeconomic groups are eligible to compete. Actual winners must meet the following criteria:​
Reproduction[SIZE=-1]
Out of the gene pool: dead or sterile.
[/SIZE]Excellence[SIZE=-1]
Astounding misapplication of judgment.
[/SIZE]Self-Selection[SIZE=-1]
Cause one's own demise.
[/SIZE]Maturity[SIZE=-1]
Capable of sound judgment.
[/SIZE]Veracity[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]

Back