Shooting / Hunting ?

Johnno

Registered
Okay - hopefully I am not going to score too much flak here but in Oz my main sporting interests/hobbies revolve around shooting/hunting...

I'm very much into target pistol and rifle shooting and service rifle competitions and so on...

IF I am making the move down to Argentina long term (and living in BA) would love to know if there is anyone else down there who is into shooting and can give me a heads up on whether there is much available for someone like myself down there - but someone who will be very much on a *budget* as I try to get myself set up work-wise and so on...

Any help or advice there gratefully accepted :)

Thanks in advance,

John.

PS The one sport I always really enjoyed in the past (that is physical) is fencing - so if anyone down there is into fencing I'd be interested in knowing about that too - I may well try to get back into fencing while I am there...

Don't know about fencing, but you will find pleny of cut and thrust here.:D
Enjoy.

There is a large rifle and pisyol range in NUÑEZ (Tiro ferderal), it is near the RIVER PLATE stadium.
Also is Tiro al Segno, in Ramos Mejía, a suburb of BAS.
Many gun shops have a pistol range on the basement, but you need to be chaperoned by a local with a gun permit. You then can rent a gun, buy ammo and shoot there, as far as I know.

I think he is more in shooting/hunting....mean killing animals for enjoyment not just target shooting or I'm missing something here. Unfortunately we do not have here kangaroos, wild buffalos and pigs to enjoy a hunting expedition....maybe some nice and cute liebres (wild rabbits) will do.

Lucas said:
I think he is more in shooting/hunting....mean killing animals for enjoyment not just target shooting or I'm missing something here.

I think what you are missing is the OP's second paragraph which goes... ''I'm very much into target pistol and rifle shooting and service rifle competitions and so on...''

elhombresinnombre said:
I think what you are missing is the OP's second paragraph which goes... ''I'm very much into target pistol and rifle shooting and service rifle competitions and so on...''

Well the first OP's paragraph goes....

Johnno said:
Okay - hopefully I am not going to score too much flak here but in Oz my main sporting interests/hobbies revolve around shooting/hunting...

Target practice on the corners of San Telmo would be GREAT! (Please refer to "To everyone who lives in Palermo" thread.)

I've heard of the place near River Plate as well. That's where I would suggest you look. That or go by the various gun shops in the Microcenter/ & just above (between Av. 9 de Julio & Callao) and ask them.

RE: FENCING

http://www.geba.org.ar/

This club is called "Club de Gimnasio y Esgrima". It's over a 100 years old and have a handful of locations. The "Esgrima" part means "fencing", so I'm thinking that that would be a good bet.

esgrima2.jpg

http://www.geba.org.ar/noticiasdeporte.php?Id=10
http://www.geba.org.ar/noticiasdeporte.php?Id=11

And if you just want to kill things, but don't feel comfortable shooting people digging through trash or waiting to rob people, go to CORDOBA and shoot all the dove you can until you go deaf or your shoulder falls off. These birds don't have predators up there (besides man) and the farmers want to get rid of them so they don't ruin the crops. Of course that is shotgun, not rifle, and many people are starting to complain that the lead buckshot is ruining the water supply, so that's something else to consider.

Lucas said:
I think he is more in shooting/hunting....mean killing animals for enjoyment not just target shooting or I'm missing something here. Unfortunately we do not have here kangaroos, wild buffalos and pigs to enjoy a hunting expedition....maybe some nice and cute liebres (wild rabbits) will do.

If you eat what you kill, what is the problem? I love to hunt venison.

Napoleon said:
...many people are starting to complain that the lead buckshot is ruining the water supply, so that's something else to consider.

Seriously?!?! They is the biggest load of bull shit. My father's house he grew up in had lead pipes and my grandpa lived til he was 97.

You guys are *amazing* - thank you SO MUCH - I think I need to start printing all of this stuff out :) To be honest, I can probably live without hunting if there is none available - but I *do* like to put a few rounds downrange whenever possible - I'm used to doing that and hate it when I don't get a chance to do some pistol shooting at least - it looks like I will be able to organise that pretty easily now - thanks again to all :) Oh - and thanks for the info on fencing too - I am going to do foil and sabre again I think - its been a long time but why not :) John.

Back