Shooting / Hunting ?

PS Did someone mention VENISON ? :) Mmmmmmh :) My favourite dish :) Wonderful :)

arty said:
Seriously?!?! They is the biggest load of bull shit. My father's house he grew up in had lead pipes and my grandpa lived til he was 97.
I'm not arguing. I think that lead is great. I'm all for putting it back into gasoline and paint... especially paint specifically designed for baby cribs. Don't kill the messenger.

PS- My grandfather lived to be 101 and he did NOT have lead pipes... so I guess there is something to the opposition to lead.

Napoleon said:
I'm not arguing. I think that lead is great. I'm all for putting it back into gasoline and paint... especially paint specifically designed for baby cribs. Don't kill the messenger.

PS- My grandfather lived to be 101 and he did NOT have lead pipes... so I guess there is something to the opposition to lead.

I think the whole lead thing is a bit exaggerated. The house I grew up in had lead paint and I never once felt the need to eat the chips.

My example merely pointed out that it's not as bad a people claim it is.

But it is Argentina, so any reason to complain, right?

Johnno said:
PS Did someone mention VENISON ? :) Mmmmmmh :) My favourite dish :) Wonderful :)

Mine too! I usually go to the midwest and down a couple of does during thanksgiving. My cousin has been pushing me to get into bow hunting, so I might give that a shot.

Anyways, when you get here send me a pm and we'll go blast off some rounds .

arty said:
I think the whole lead thing is a bit exaggerated. The house I grew up in had lead paint and I never once felt the need to eat the chips.

My example merely pointed out that it's not as bad a people claim it is.

Now, this is a serious question, OK? I'm not asking it just to be confrontational or obtuse - I really want to know your answer....

Do you honestly believe we should ignore the findings of the worlds best scientists and the evidence of decades of diligently gathered statistics because you think "the whole lead thing is a bit exaggerated" and provided one example that "it's not as bad a people claim it is"?

arty said:
But it is Argentina, so any reason to make things up and claim they're true because we choose to ignore all the evidence to the contrary, right?

Corrected.

Alzinho said:
blah blah blah

Corrected.

People say smoking is bad and not everyone who does it dies from a smoking related illness.

People get lung caner who never smoke and some people just have stupid kids but try to blame it on paint chips.

You don't get lead poisoning from bird shot. What happens is the it falls to the bottom of ponds/riverbeds and the birds eat the shot and get the poisoning. The only way lead shot could affect you is if you ingested it.

http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/disease_information/lead_poisoning/index.jsp

So if you are dumb enough to eat lead bird shot, then you get lead poising. It will not come from lead bird shot leaching into the water table.

Johnno said:

I like Venison, but I find it a bit too deer !!! :)

Ducks.....:p

my dad is an olympian fencer and i myself was about to join GEBA this week. i always felt i would be in his shadow if i took it up but my desire to do it is greater.

will let you know how i get on. i know beginners fencing is on a friday evening but level 1 (whatever that means) is from 20.15 - 21.00 on mondays and wednesday and level 2 is on those same days from 19.10 - 20.15

the equipment is supplied and membership to the club (which includes the fencing, gym classes, machines etc AND pool) is 150 pesos a month. bargain.

i will be going to the one on bartolome mitre in monserrat but there are other centres.

Anyone interested in hunting should send me a private message. I can hook you up with good deals for doves, duck, deer, boar, whatever you fancy. In the north of the country, near BA or out west and south, whichever you need.

Back