Should Cristina Go To Jail If Guilty?

Should Cristina Go to Jail?

• Yes

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
If she is guilty, she should be prosecuted, there is nothing to discuss here. I really don't know, how (un)healthy judicial system is, but in general is not about macri and vendetta, if K's will be prosecuted.

Today Clarin reported in a SMALL note that at the Olivos meeting Cristina asked Macri for Impunity and Protection, he refused . Hence the resulting fury and fracas of the Succession and Attributes delivery.

Today Clarin reported in a SMALL note that at the Olivos meeting Cristina asked Macri for Impunity and Protection, he refused . Hence the resulting fury and fracas of the Succession and Attributes delivery.
If that actually happened, she's a lot dumber than I thought. The supposed conversation has Macri astonished, saying something to the effect of "but I can't do that - that's Judiciary!"

Macri was awfully close-mouthed about the conversation in Olivos at the time, I remember. Basically the only thing he said was that it wasn't worth the effort. In a way, what was reported yesterday makes sense now, but in another way - I can't believe she would have actually asked for immunity for her and her people simply because I find it hard to believe she would think Macri would entertain doing so, for at least a couple of reasons against this that I can think of right off the top of my head, whether he's corrupt or not.

What blows me away about all of this, and I mean politics in general at this point, and as I'm reading comments from some people in other places, is how people think that somehow businesses and rich people are the only ones to blame related to all the problems of the world. As if people like Macri must be corrupt simply because they have money and people like Cristina must be saints because they used to fight for equal rights and claim they are for the "little" people. People will even give folk like Cristina a pass on so many things and then tear people like Macri up because he isn't perfect and doesn't necessarily like to give handouts to the "poor" (in quotes because many times, though I know not all, the "poor" who are benefiting from the misplaced desire to simply give things to poor folks are people who simply don't want to work and are looking for a way to get by without doing so) and is faced with a pretty serious crisis left behind by someone else.

But again, that's the problem I have with government to begin with. Too easy for one group of people (whether they are rich or "common") to get control of the machinery of state and make life miserable for the rest. While half the people are happy the other half are miserable. And the half that's happy always upholds their "accomplishments" as "proof" that they have "accomplished something" - and half the people believe them while the other half curse them.

But whaddya gonna do?

There are plenty of unconfirmed reports about CFK asking Macri for impunity at the meeting in Olivos, as well as another where Macri and CFK are said to have 'rigged' the election result, or to put it another way, come to some kind of understanding.
Another is the so called voting fraud where Macri is said to have gained around 55%.
I expect much of this will go down as folklore.

In his first public address as president, Macri stated that he wants an independent judiciary, with all the political judges out, and zero tolerance for corruption, past, present and future. His representatives have also stated very clearly, on more than one occasion, that he wants Gils Carbo out (among others -- the only other big name still resisting is Sabbatella); the decision has already been made.

If and when those things happen, the path will be clear to judge the guilt or innocence of those accused and prosecute the guilty.

It's not a question of vendettas; it's a question of making a constitutional republic with an independent judiciary work the way it's supposed to work. I don't know if that's possible in today's Argentina, but at least he's trying to move things in the right direction.

Should Cristina go to prison if she's found guilty? Is she above the law? Of course she should.

...As if people like Macri must be corrupt simply because they have money and people like Cristina must be saints because they used to fight for equal rights and claim they are for the "little" people...

You do realize that Cristina is ridiculously wealthy, don't you?

Could Cristina´s Botox be removed and sold to pay off the "vulture" funds at least ? :)

Cristina ordered FPV congressmen not to participate in Macris anointment..! Can the Executive order around the Legislative Power ? Could Obama tell Democrat congressmen how to denie Quorum...?

Back