Should we come to Argentina this Dec/Jan?

mmoon

Registered
Hi all,
I haven't posted in awhile, since I've been outside the country and obviously unable to enter without major hassles. However, we'd like to visit after Christmas if it's not going to be a total nightmare. I know the borders are supposed to reopen November 1, but the flight schedules haven't caught up with this projected date. Does it even seem like a reality to be able to come visit friends and family for a few weeks? I've read here and heard from so many in Argentina about flights getting cancelled. We do have to leave in January for work commitments, so can't risk not being able to fly out. I appreciate the advice before I book anything!

Who can predict? A serious outbreak and flights will be cancelled. Is any travel a sure thing these days?

Who can predict? A serious outbreak and flights will be cancelled. Is any travel a sure thing these days?

Obviously. I'm really asking for feedback from those on this forum who are well connected to the travel industry in Argentina (such as antipodean). Not really interested in getting off topic.

You seem to be rejecting the reality of the situation. The people who own the airlines can't even tell you what will happen because it depends on the government. The people in the government can't tell you what will happen because it depends on the pandemic and cases.

November is the beginning of tourist season which means there is a 100 percent chance cases will rise. If you know you have to be back in January, why would you risk going to one of the few countries that has kept its borders closed because it couldn't control the spread. And then controlled the flights to make it very hard for even its own citizens to come and go. If you go to Argentina and get stuck, it's 100 percent your fault.

Obviously. I'm really asking for feedback from those on this forum who are well connected to the travel industry in Argentina (such as antipodean). Not really interested in getting off topic.

Decisions are made by the government, not the travel industry.

there will be flights. the cat is too far out of the bag now for them to go too far backwards again.

now, there may be some cancellations or delays, but i would estimate you'd have a pretty good chance at making a successful trip.

there will be flights. the cat is too far out of the bag now for them to go too far backwards again.

now, there may be some cancellations or delays, but i would estimate you'd have a pretty good chance at making a successful trip.

Maybe but things happen.

mmoon go to colombia. way more predictable easy in and out. medellin or cartgenia come to mind.

Back