Should we come to Argentina this Dec/Jan?

Hi all,
I haven't posted in awhile, since I've been outside the country and obviously unable to enter without major hassles. However, we'd like to visit after Christmas if it's not going to be a total nightmare. I know the borders are supposed to reopen November 1, but the flight schedules haven't caught up with this projected date. Does it even seem like a reality to be able to come visit friends and family for a few weeks? I've read here and heard from so many in Argentina about flights getting cancelled. We do have to leave in January for work commitments, so can't risk not being able to fly out. I appreciate the advice before I book anything!
You will have no problem. Don’t worry. Flying out was never an issue it was flying in.

You will have no problem. Don’t worry. Flying out was never an issue it was flying in.
Agree with this 100%. When covid hit I was in Southern Argentina. And I left within 4-5 days thinking I’d get stuck. Flights continued to fly out for weeks

Since the start of the pandemic my wife went 3 times to Argentina, from Europe. The first time it was all quite new. The second time, June 2021, the flight TO Argentina was changed 5 times. Still she 'lost' less than a week. The last time, this month, all went smoothly.

At this moment there are no major hassles to enter Argentina. No home quarantine, just 1 test before flying and a couple of days after having arrived. So I would not consider entering Argentina a problem, unless of course the Argentine government changes its entry policies. In that case you will know in time and I guess will always be able to choose for vouchers instead of the flight.

If there are any hassles going back to your country depends very much on the country where you live, and its entry policies. I wouldn't be too worried about flights being cancelled, From a broad perspective there are always risks involved in travelling, but I think risks related to the pandemia have become acceptable risks.

Back