SIM Card shows no signal

juli

Registered
I have been in Buenos Aires for about 4 weeks now and I have been trying to get an Argentinian SIM-Card to work.
The first one I bought was Movistar. I bought it in a kiosco. I charged it with a prepaid plan, I activated it via whatsapp and nothing. I just couldn't connect to the network. The phone is recognizing the SIM-Card. But its not working. I went to 2 different Movistar stores and they ended up telling me I need to buy a new phone.
Then I decided to try claro. I went to a kiosco again and bought a charged SIM-Card, which I then activated online. And it was working. But only for a day. And now it has gone back to no signal...
I am going mad. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I experienced a similar problem when I upgraded my phone.
This trick worked for me and I have no idea why, but it was what a colleague had been recommended to do by Movistar.
Put phone into airplane mode.
Turn off phone for at least 10 minutes.
Restart phone, take out of airplane mode and it will pick up the network and have data.
It worked for me - no idea why….

If you are near alto palmero Claro will fix your problem at their location in the mall 10am-10pm mon-sunday

I would only recommend that you buy a sim card at the official phone carrier stores. As usual, without a DNI things start going wonky. Personal at Alto Palermo and Claro at Alto Palermo will give you a SIM card and activate it with just a passport. Make sure you don't leave until it's working. Once activated the phone should work pretty much immediately.

I have been in Buenos Aires for about 4 weeks now and I have been trying to get an Argentinian SIM-Card to work.
The first one I bought was Movistar. I bought it in a kiosco. I charged it with a prepaid plan, I activated it via whatsapp and nothing. I just couldn't connect to the network. The phone is recognizing the SIM-Card. But its not working. I went to 2 different Movistar stores and they ended up telling me I need to buy a new phone.
Then I decided to try claro. I went to a kiosco again and bought a charged SIM-Card, which I then activated online. And it was working. But only for a day. And now it has gone back to no signal...
I am going mad. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
There are a few factors to check. I assume you have a dual sim phone. Or at least one of your sims is an E-Sim. You will need to go your connection settings, and select which Sim you want to be your primary for data and which is your primary for calls. You may have your Argentina sim set secondary right now, which is preventing connection.

If it's not registered it won't do a thing even prepaid have this issue.

Back