Sitter For Our 6 Year Old

pass_the_mate

Registered
Dear BA expats:
My husband and I arrive in BA on August 14th and we can't wait! I've posted briefly before, and you all have been very helpful, so thanks already. Many of my questions were about school options, and, given the amount of time we are there (only Aug. - Dec.) and the flexibility we'd like to have, we are planning to homeschool our 6 year old. This should be easy in terms of reading and math but the obvious consequence is that she is not around kids her age/native Spanish speakers.

So I'm writing to see if anyone has recommendations for a young person who could spend some time with her. We are in Buenos Aires for at least a month, likely more, and it would be terrific to have someone who can take her to the park, speak Spanish with her (or even do some tutoring/lessons), which would also give my husband and me some good time to work...

would a local college student make sense? Or a mom with her own kid(s)? I really am open to options, and it could be just a couple to several days a week - time of day also very flexible. We will be living in Palermo and are thinking of joining a local club (thoughts on that?) as a place to meet people both our and our daughter's age...

Much is up in the air, and thanks for any time you have to brainstorm. If you have a sitter you like who is looking for more hours, please consider if you think something like this would be appealing! Many thanks in advance,
Lisa

Back