SITUATIONS VACANT - Time Out Buenos Aires

xClairex

Registered
- Editor, first edition São Paulo guide book
We're looking to contract a capable, organised, experienced editor to take on the exciting, demanding task of producing our first edition Time Out guide to São Paulo.

Excellent organisational, writing and editorial skills, maturity and the ability to work to a tight deadline and to stay cool under pressure are essential attributes for this post. Knowledge of the city and of Portuguese will be an enormous advantage. You'll need to be based in Buenos Aires until at least the end of May, able to travel to São Paulo as required, and be ready to start as soon as possible.

Please contact us ASAP at the addresses below with a CV, a covering letter summarising your experience and fitness for the job, two references and two examples of your written work (not necessarily published work).

- Editor, first edition Time Out Shortlist guide to Buenos Aires
This job requires a well organised, experienced editor capable of assimilating a large quantity of information on the city, and then selecting and distilling it into the very best of Buenos Aires.

Knowledge of the city and excellence in writing and editing are the key skills required for this small format book, and the successful applicant will probably, though not necessarily, have some experience in the field of travel guide writing and editing. You'll need to be based in Buenos Aires until at least the end of March.

Please contact us ASAP at the addresses below with a CV, a covering letter summarising your experience and fitness for the job, two references and two examples of your written work (not necessarily published work).

- Editorial assistant
We're looking for an editorial assistant to aid us in the production of our magazines and guide books. An excellent opportunity to break into the world of publishing, this job will involve a wide variety of tasks including picture research and listings checking; administrative, general and secretarial work; and providing assistance with writing and editing where necessary.

The successful applicant will have excellent language skills, particularly in English, and a good command of spoken and written Spanish, plus the ability to work with efficiency, energy, attention to detail and plenty of initiative.

Please send your CV with a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you're the right person for the job. Include two examples of your writing (not necessarily published work) and two references.

- Copy editors and proofreaders
With a growing range of products underway in-house, we are also interested in hearing from locally based copy editors and proofreaders.

Please apply as soon as possible to the two email addresses below, giving the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.

markrebindaine --at-- timeoutba.com
claire --at-- timeoutba.com

I'll be in BA from end Nov until end January and would be interested in doing some work for you. I work quickly and accurately. Please reply if you want further details.

Graham Milne

Hi, I am a newspaper journalist (with eight years experience) and writer, currently living and working in BA as an English teacher. I think i could be of assistance with the proofreading and am interested to learn more. I am here until Christmas and then plan to return-work permitting-in the New Year.

xClairex said:
- Editor, first edition São Paulo guide book
We're looking to contract a capable, organised, experienced editor to take on the exciting, demanding task of producing our first edition Time Out guide to São Paulo.

Excellent organisational, writing and editorial skills, maturity and the ability to work to a tight deadline and to stay cool under pressure are essential attributes for this post. Knowledge of the city and of Portuguese will be an enormous advantage. You'll need to be based in Buenos Aires until at least the end of May, able to travel to São Paulo as required, and be ready to start as soon as possible.

- Editor, first edition Time Out Shortlist guide to Buenos Aires
This job requires a well organised, experienced editor capable of assimilating a large quantity of information on the city, and then selecting and distilling it into the very best of Buenos Aires.

Knowledge of the city and excellence in writing and editing are the key skills required for this small format book, and the successful applicant will probably, though not necessarily, have some experience in the field of travel guide writing and editing. You'll need to be based in Buenos Aires until at least the end of March.

- Editorial assistant
We're looking for an editorial assistant to aid us in the production of our magazines and guide books. An excellent opportunity to break into the world of publishing, this job will involve a wide variety of tasks including picture research and listings checking; administrative, general and secretarial work; and providing assistance with writing and editing where necessary.

The successful applicant will have excellent language skills, particularly in English, and a good command of spoken and written Spanish, plus the ability to work with efficiency, energy, attention to detail and plenty of initiative.

Please send your CV with a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you're the right person for the job. Include two examples of your writing (not necessarily published work) and two references.

- Copy editors and proofreaders
With a growing range of products underway in-house, we are also interested in hearing from locally based copy editors and proofreaders.

Please apply as soon as possible to the two email addresses below, giving the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.

markrebindaine --at-- timeoutba.com
claire --at-- timeoutba.com

I'm pretty sure that if someone can't figure out the meaning of the subject, then you wouldn't want them to edit for you, but...

As the son of two journalism majors and having grown up with a father who has been working at the same newspaper for over 50 years, I am very familiar with both the media and advertising. However, I have NEVER heard of a "Job Openings" posting listed as "Situations Vacant".

I would think that "Situations Vacant" would help pre-select your applicants to those who have had a British English education and prefer "flavour" to "flavor", "theatre" to "theatre", and "lift" to "elevator". (Don't know if that's the intention.)

But "Job Openings" or "Positions Available" are immediately understandable to American writers/editors. "Situations Vacant" basically has no meaning, but "Time Out Buenos Aires" carries enough clout for this poster to click to see what was being discussed.

suerte

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Expat Life 2