Smart money logistics?

Can someone give me an update on the normal Banelco ATM withdrawal limit these days?

Current values for ATM withdrawal depends on the Bank and Link or Banelco system, etc.. The Banelco Fee is $600 pesos Argentinos..
Search the files...
May not be valid when you arrive...? arriving this year ? or next year?

From Schwab’s website:

“When traveling abroad, does a Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account have ATM and currency fees?
Schwab Bank offers unlimited ATM fee rebates for cash withdrawals using the Schwab Bank Visa® Platinum card. Schwab Bank does not charge foreign exchange transaction fees for purchases made from your Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account with your Schwab Bank debit card.22 Learn more

Current values for ATM withdrawal depends on the Bank and Link or Banelco system, etc.. The Banelco Fee is $600 pesos Argentinos..
Search the files...
May not be valid when you arrive...? arriving this year ? or next year?
Arriving in about 10 days, Rich One.
Yikes - that’s about 10 USD fee to withdraw under 100 USD! Xoom is a steal by comparison.
However, Schwab does indeed rebate all ATM fees, as Steve said. So it sounds like a great combo.

yes...yikes....which then boils down to Xoom (which is really good today)......or Uruguay for us plebeian consumers

Best deal is Schwab card if ATM fees are refunded you go to the corner bank and get your pesos 24/7 (not night time) , and if the rate is close to the Blue rate... Xoom implies a wait time and travelling downtown to collect in pesos

ATM fees....are refundable with Schwab as long as they are designated as such in the withdrawal and not deducted as a net payout that the card holder receives. I have seen both.

Arriving in about 10 days, Rich One.
Yikes - that’s about 10 USD fee to withdraw under 100 USD! Xoom is a steal by comparison.
However, Schwab does indeed rebate all ATM fees, as Steve said. So it sounds like a great combo.

Based on what I've learned just TODAY I suggest you download the Western Union US app to your smartphone and use it to transfer funds from your US bank account to the Western Union pick up location of your choice in Buenos Aires (and there are MANY).

The WU rate at this moment is just under $78 ARS to ONE US Dollar.

XOOM's rate is just under $64 ARS to ONE US Dollar

PS: I wonder how much longer Schwab will refund the almost $10 USD ATM fee for a withdrawal of about $65 USD (calculated at a rate of 60 to one for a withdrawal of $4000 ARS).

Back