So everything just crashed at the last second. Need opinions.

If you apply for the student visa in Argentina, I'm sure the fee you already paid will be credited.

If you can't get the approval from the consulate today and it doesn't look like they will grant it any time soon, and, since being a student is secondary to getting citizenship, it makes sense (at least to me) for you to come ASAP and start the two year clock ticking.

Even if it takes five months to get the student visa here, you will probbaly get a precaria and not even need to extend your tourist visa for an additional 90 days.

PS: And, as Bajo has posted several times, you can apply for citizenship as soon as you arrive and, if I understand correctly, that will protect you from a deportation order from migraciones, even if you never get the student visa.
So with just a tourist visa and being in Argentina anyone can apply for citizenship and that prevents the risk of deportation until the request is denied or accepted? I'm currently in the process of applying for a student visa but I don't want to risk not being let back in upon doing a border run.

Back