So, is mate an acquired taste or is it possible I might like it?

You can prepare it yourself at home. Just make sure you know how to prepare it. I was born surrounded by people drinking mate, my mother used to offer me all the time and most of the times I accepted the offer but I could not be bothered to prepare it at home; I always prefer coffee and tea in second place.

I tried it three different ways and liked them all...hot, cold, and with fruit juice.
Since I stopped using aspartame and don't drink sugared drinks, it's an excellent addition to the coffee, tea, and lemon water I'm drinking now...and yes, I drink water, which I loathe.

Definitely an acquired taste. Took me a few years to get used to it as my Argentinian friend keeps sharing his with me and now it’s a daily ritual

Well, as I said above I liked it immediately...so, I guess I acquired the taste immediately too, hahaha.

It simply tastes like shit. But the sustained feeling of it VS coffee and the whole Mate ritual keeps me coming back for more.

it's an acquired taste but almost everything is. i have mate everyday...it grows on you and the caffeine helps.

Back