So Whats The Go On Having Goods Sent From Outside?

downunder

Registered
Looking to have an engagement ring sent to me, but obviously concerned about how the tax's and what not work especially since Macri is now in.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on what to expect?

Jajajajajajajajajajaja. Forgive me while I stop laughing. Do not send it. Generally speaking - don't have anything sent but certainly, certainly not anything of serious value.

It *may* be in the future, you can receive gifts again such as clothes without adventuring to Retiro or worse EZE any paying through the nose for the pleasure of receiving something but that's still a big question mark. And even if it becomes possible, still no on sending something expensive like that.

Really? I sincerely hope you guys are half joking... You surely have a point when sending things like gold. How about my Decree Absolute? I'm still desperately waiting for it to arrive. Is it only big or precious parcels? Do letters arrive ok?

I've not had a problem with letters or documents, although my passport was sent DHL.
Having said that, normal mail to here seems to take forever, so if it's something valuable (documents) use a courier.

Looking to have an engagement ring sent to me, but obviously concerned about how the tax's and what not work especially since Macri is now in.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on what to expect?

From your forum name, I assume you are from Australia. I agree with other forum members -- don't take a chance on sending. Maybe ask on the forum if anyone will be traveling from Australia to Argentina, and trust them to bring it to you. Even better if the traveler is a woman and can just wear the ring --

But if you decide on sending, send wedding rings. If it accidently slips through ladrones on aduana, you might just receive them for the wedding anyway ;)

Back