Soccer Fan has arrived

Velez vs. Lanus on the weekend 21-22 April... date and time of match to be announced. Buy a platea ticket, one or two days before the match. PM me if you need more advice.

Tonight's Racing vs. San Lorenzo will be a top match (its a Bs As derby almost) but I can't vouch for safety, and you would need to know where to park etc.

I'm going to be in town this weekend with a few friends beyond Boca which I would love to see but can't afford the absurd tour prices for which would be the best fixture for us to attend? I also saw there's a copa lib 1/8 final Wednesday night at Lanus would that be a worthy match to try for or just stick to the league fixtures?
Cheers
Howie

Markgeezer said:
In Cap Fed and GBA it makes a huge difference towards your enjoyment of the match as to the type and size of stadium and behaviour/ atmosphere with the fans, and how the police behave outside with the organisation, beside going to a decent match. Best fans and stadium for me is Racing Club at the Cilindro de Avellaneda by a long way. I have been to all the Primera team stadia and most of the B and some C and D in and around BA. Other stadiums that have been enjoyable for one reason or another (in particular the atmosphere) are the Ducó of Huracan, and that of Ferro in Caballito. I have good things to say about Lanus, Banfield, Quilmes and Tigre all with good atmospheres, but better to go with local supporters who invite you as they will know the ropes. I have always disliked the Bombonera as it feels pretty hostile in there (best to go with local supporters in a good platea) and its awful in the visitors end, the Monumental is reasonably good if you have good eyesight (River arent playing any big teams until they get promoted) as you are always far from the pitch so its almost a binocular job, Velez have a decent stadium but the police can be heavy handed outside (they clubbed a supporter to death last year), there is an awkward queing system and parking is a nightmare (as at many stadiums) and usually the exCombatientes have a walk about with their flag on the pitch before the match which for me has nothing to do with football, and lastly the Nuevo Gasometro of San Lorenzo... oh deary me, you have to drive through a very dangerous villa to get there, security seems weak, and again the police can be odd there. All the other stadia are mostly of smaller clubs and there is real danger unless you know exactly where you are going etc. I have nothing to say about Independiente. Hope this helps.

Hi Mark,

Can you please explain about Huracan and its stadium a little? I am interested to go! The stadium seems gorgeous!

Puven

It looks like Huracan has upcoming games against Defensa y Justicia, Gimnasia and Atlanta. Would any of those be good games for a first-timer?

Or Racing, also recommended above, at home against Colon or Velez. How about those?

Sorry i am very late in replying to this post. But for any football fans that want to go to a match and pay the normal entrance fee then i recomend you support Tigre.
They are in second place just 3 points behind Boca. And 9 times out of ten you can buy tickets on the day at $60 pesos each. I would suggest you get to the stadium an hour and a half before kick off ,get your tickets and then have a beer before you go in.
How to get there . Take train from retiro Mitre station or barancas de Belgrano to Victoria. Its on the line to tigre . Follow the other supporters and buy tickets.
Having said all that this Sunday Tigre are at home to San Lorenzo 2pm kick off.
Its a high alert game so certainly not a family day out.

Back