Social Genocide - Argentine movie

Bill

Registered
I watched this documentary (from 2004) and thought I'd pass it on to anyone interested in the buildup and aftermath of the Argentine debt crisis. It's also known by the spanish name Memoria del saqueo and is spanish with english subtitles. If you use bittorent, here's a quick .av]search result to find a download. Or ask for it at DVD rental shops.
Variety review here. The director is Fernando Solanas.
"exposes the systematic despoiling of Argentina -- not by a dictator or military junta but by an elected democracy. Under images of chandeliers in marble halls, Solanas presents an illustrated history of how, in an astoundingly short time, leaders of the country sold off its inheritance, privatized its profits, nationalized its debts and drove much of the population of this once-rich nation into abject poverty. "

"Bill" said:
I watched this documentary (from 2004) and thought I'd pass it on to anyone interested in the buildup and aftermath of the Argentine debt crisis. It's also known by the spanish name Memoria del saqueo and is spanish with english subtitles. If you use bittorent, here's a quick .av]search result to find a download. Or ask for it at DVD rental shops.
Variety review here. The director is Fernando Solanas.
"exposes the systematic despoiling of Argentina -- not by a dictator or military junta but by an elected democracy. Under images of chandeliers in marble halls, Solanas presents an illustrated history of how, in an astoundingly short time, leaders of the country sold off its inheritance, privatized its profits, nationalized its debts and drove much of the population of this once-rich nation into abject poverty. "
Can it be send by for example email or msn?

It's a full two hour movie. Something you'd have to download and watch on a computer or rent/buy on DVD.
Well worth watching just to understand why Argentina got into such a mess despite being one of the wealthiest countries at one time. There's also a follow up movie post-crash called "the dignity of nobodies" if you're interested.

Back