Solitary Vacation -- Ideas?

I found Tandil very disappointing. Only a good cheese shop!
The mountainous area outside of the city of Cordoba was much more beautiful and interesting.

Hey , it's just another city in the Interior. If your only interest is cheese , Great. They also have good Salami from Tandil. I collect knives. There are several very nice artesian knife makers in Tandil. Probably the most famous in the country. Primarily gaucho knives , but some with very nice handles. I bought one with a handle made from an Ostrich toe. Both ends of the knife are lethal.

Nice area around Tandil , some good easy hiking.

Another interesting city is Balcarce. Home to the Fangio museum. Well worth the trip. If you like Motor Racing. Wealthy city due to the good soil for potatoes. But another boring interior city. I understand why they eat so late in the interior. The is nothing to do after dinner.

SIerras de Cordoba are beautiful. La Cumbre being a favorite.

Another interesting city is Balcarce. Home to the Fangio museum. Well worth the trip. If you like Motor Racing. Wealthy city due to the good soil for potatoes. But another boring interior city. I understand why they eat so late in the interior. The is nothing to do after dinner.

Automobile racing is a despicable waste of fossil fuels (and lives), but the Fangio is a highly professional museum that does a fine job on the evolution of automobile design. I would highly recommend it.

Back