Some Balance Required From Some Forum Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadababe

Registered
I am new to this forum. I am not new to expat forums or their moans and groans. It is all part of the course. It is also all part of the course to pay a little more than locals when you travel and I have traveled all over the world and spent time in the most godforsaken places due to work. I am unimpressed by a general propensity to be ‘’anti-everything-Argentine’’ on this forum. The lack of perspective and balance when advising young folk travelling for pleasure or experience and who are excited and look forward to their adventure is unkind. You may well have experienced some difficulties, we all do, and that too is all part of the course. Try, please, to have some perspective, keep on topic and provide answers that are meaningful and helpful without the ''daily dose of rant'' that are often subjective manifestations of your own unhappiness. Forewarned is forearmed, acknowledged - but think before you write, particularly when someone is looking forward to their vacation or work placement.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]How comes you're an advanced preacher, er, I mean member, with only 42 posts when that other poor guy was confined to permanent newcomer-dom?[/background]

Perhaps it has to do with the quality of the posts? ;-)

Every forum has diversity of views, some people are happy to be here, some aren't. There are some fairly comically pro kirchner posters and some hopelessly negative lost souls in need of a hug...but honestly, I really think the balance is better than it was previously.

I get more annoyed with some of the advertisements not posted in the classifieds sections.

I am new to this forum. I am not new to expat forums or their moans and groans. It is all part of the course. It is also all part of the course to pay a little more than locals when you travel and I have traveled all over the world and spent time in the most godforsaken places due to work. I am unimpressed by a general propensity to be ‘’anti-everything-Argentine’’ on this forum. The lack of perspective and balance when advising young folk travelling for pleasure or experience and who are excited and look forward to their adventure is unkind. You may well have experienced some difficulties, we all do, and that too is all part of the course. Try, please, to have some perspective, keep on topic and provide answers that are meaningful and helpful without the ''daily dose of rant'' that are often subjective manifestations of your own unhappiness. Forewarned is forearmed, acknowledged - but think before you write, particularly when someone is looking forward to their vacation or work placement.

Agree in some issues with Canbabe....! I'm sure some of our colleagues if in Mexico criticize burritos and dream with Taco Bell :D or when in Italy claim that pastas are boring...! and yearn for Chicago pizza . :cool:

It's the nature of the beast..!!

Sure, accepted. Expat forums should be a ''mine of information'' good and bad. In addition, they are sometimes the only place to vent in ones language. However, just take my point about someone's elation becoming deflation when they are excited by the prospect of travel. I am not an ''advanced preacher''. I am though a human being, a Christian and somebody that tries to ''advance'' on a day-to-day basis and who actually GAF about other people.

Agreed, balance is good though. The intelligent traveller will appreciate this. The miserable unfortunates have exactly the same right to post as do those who have managed to convince themselves that this actually is Paris with more sun.

Dont believe everything you read in the papers has been replaced by don't believe everything you read on forums.

If you don't like reading groans and moans don't enter the forum. It's that simple. Stick to Clarin or La Nacion or the Buenos Aires Herald to read about other less offensive topics. But you're entitled to you opinion and so is everyone else. Freedom of speech.

In the short time I have been reading the posts of this community and the even shorter time I have been a member, I have been impressed with the candor of the participants. Of the hundreds of posts I have read, my conclusion would not be that the voices are anti-Argentine at all. Sure people get frustrated with bureaucrasy and paperwork, but that exists with every government on the planet. It is a universal experience. Planning, preparedness and patience often cures those woes.

It seems to me, the collective voices are willing to share their experiences with the hopes that fellow expats, travellers, tourists and visitors to this wonderful country are forewarned of the pitfalls and obstacles. Personally, I read the posts with excitement and anticipation. The stories, anecdotes, and comings and goings have been educational to me. I hope the frankness of the discussion continues. I will continue to be enlightened. Thank you.

Well you have to take the positive with the negative. I think it would be false to claim things are great here. When people do shout that certain things are great here (the P word) it pisses people off and generates a reaction.

If things were better here perhaps this forum wouldn't be so negative? No smoke without fire?

I've personally found some great tips here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back