Some Balance Required From Some Forum Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadababe,

thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions.

Maybe there needs to be:
  • a special forum for members who are well-travelled and experienced in matters of life, that gives a warning to the young, idealistic members, and
  • a forum for members who really just want or need to vent angry feelings without offering any helpful insights or advice.

I am a middle of the road member, when speaking honestly, find it off-putting to have to spend time reading snide or sarcastic comments either about the person posting, or life in general, with no real "value". :unsure:

This forum allows ''newbies'' a section to herald their arrivals and ‘’tap’’ your wonderful experiences - treat them kindly lovely people. Remember your hopes and fears during those ''formative days'' in this remarkable metropolis. Have a heart to positively affect their early experiences. Otherwise, if what many of you say is true, their marvel and glee may be short-lived.

I know that I can be a bit bitchy at times, but I have often defended the positive qualities of Buenos Aires here, but unfortunately people have not always replied to these comments. These people just continued ranting about everything.

I do not completely agree with any side in this thread, but I do believe that in whatever city, some people just really need to get over their negativity and try to value positive things in life more. I have been involved in the most completely disastrous situations in Buenos Aires and there are also things I could not possibly hate more in Argentina. But I do not let that dominate my life, these challenges are best faced when you are ready to not submit to whatever disaster you may come accross.

I have survived some very, very depressing stuff in my life, but it has made me stronger. Nobody said life would be easy, and it is especially not easy in a banana republic like Argentina. However, then again, to me the places where I really feel alive matter, and countries like Canada are not part of that. (although I am quite fond of Newfoundland)

Personally, I find the "thread police" much more annoying that the "off topic" posts. When someone asks a specific question people generally respond with specific information. Threads that are more vague or "volatile" (see the recent GMO thread) tend to go in different directions, much like an actual real-world conversation (remember those?).

We're an anarcho-syndicalist comune! Don't threaten us, you just exposing the violence inherent in the system!

Help! I'm being repressed1!!

Agreed, balance is good though. The intelligent traveller will appreciate this. The miserable unfortunates have exactly the same right to post as do those who have managed to convince themselves that this actually is Paris with more sun.

To be honest, I lived in Paris for many years (I'm French, btw) and I think the quality of life is much better down here, once you get settled.

To be honest, I lived in Paris for many years (I'm French, btw) and I think the quality of life is much better down here, once you get settled.
Depends on what you regard as quality of life, which is different for everyone.

I, too, prefer 'Paris but with more sun'

Paris isn't so safe anymore either.... http://www.english.rfi.fr/france/20130319-gang-stages-highway-robbery-paris-region-train

I'm not sure if I made myself clear - I live in BA now, and I think the quality of life is better in BA. But then again, as Yogur Griego says, it depends on what you regard as quality of life.

Even the most antagonistic and negative people on this forum ( you know who you are! ) are mere babe in arms compared to other forums I have had the fortune ( or misfortune) to peruse. For example , I ride a BMW GS motorcycle , of which there is a forum amongst said BMW GS riders.

Those guys ( and Gals !) would make even the most diehard negative poster here blush red for a week . Talk about cruel.

That said , read what you want , from those you recognize , and ignore the posters who are constantly and , well , seem to have their head up their ass. Some just want to be provacators (sp). I never understood why people just can't be nice. Kill 'em with kindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back