Some hero breaks Berlusconi's nose

pikto99 said:
Well, that shoe did not help Bush. And amusingly again, he don't give a shit about it. How many years no US President hasn't been shot since brothers Kennedy? What is this tell us?
1) Bobby Kennedy was never a US President.
2) 1981... Ronald Reagan was shot.

RESPONSE TO: "What is this tell us?"

1) You don't know US history.
2) English isn't your first language.

This probably tells us some other things, but those are the two that immediately jump out at me.

Viva La France!

We always kill the good guys, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus - murdered; Martin Luther King - murdered; Malcolm X - murdered; Gandhi - murdered; John Lennon - murdered; Reagan... wounded.

orwellian said:
We always kill the good guys, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus - murdered; Martin Luther King - murdered; Malcolm X - murdered; Gandhi - murdered; John Lennon - murdered; Reagan... wounded.
I chuckle at half of this list. (or more)

Napoleon said:
1) Bobby Kennedy was never a US President.
2) 1981... Ronald Reagan was shot.

RESPONSE TO: "What is this tell us?"

1) You don't know US history.
2) English isn't your first language.

This probably tells us some other things, but those are the two that immediately jump out at me.

Viva La France!

1. Yes, I was wrong, he was just about to became The One ("On 16 th March, 1968, Robert Kennedy announced his candidacy for the presidency of the United States."
)2. I'll repeat again, dear. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_assassination_attempt) "Shot to death" - is this is English enough for you?

Yeah, u're so right, English isn't my native language. Is there a problem?
What else did I say wrong?

I repeat again, since last President was shot to death why is there no more real actions? The answer: the rest of US Presidents surve to elite and everything is fine. None of these after JFK were trying to pull anything dramatic to the US policies. Read that article and compare.

pikto99 said:
None of these after JFK were trying to pull anything dramatic to the US policies. Read that article and compare.
You only have to look at the president right after JFK to see "dramatic US policies" that hadn't been seen in one hundred years. (And LBJ wasn't shot.)

But you've made up your mind. It's not important to change it.

Nixon opening up China wasn't exactly keeping the status quo. Or his pursuit of universal health care that Teddy Kennedy was instrumental in striking down. (Sorry to pee on your Kennedy hero worship... by the way, Bobby hadn't even won the Democratic nomination, but whatever... he did have the momentum even though he didn't even have a plurality.)

Jimmy Carter had many unpopular stances that saw him end up being a 1 term president, but not shot.

And I'm not going to touch the whining that the elite that run countries are given too much power (as is the case in every country in the world), because it's not worth the effort. But I guess that 1800 years ago, everyone had an opinion on the Roman Empire. And 50 years ago, everyone here had an opinion on Peron. And these days, the entire world has an opinion on the US.

Napoleon said:
You only have to look at the president right after JFK to see "dramatic US policies" that hadn't been seen in one hundred years. (And LBJ wasn't shot.)

Dramatic policies? Yeah right. And what exactly did LBJ do that was so dramatic? Or any president after JFK for that matter.

Napoleon said:
But you've made up your mind. It's not important to change it.

And you haven't?

Napoleon said:
Nixon opening up China wasn't exactly keeping the status quo. Or his pursuit of universal health care that Teddy Kennedy was instrumental in striking down. (Sorry to pee on your Kennedy hero worship... by the way, Bobby hadn't even won the Democratic nomination, but whatever... he did have the momentum even though he didn't even have a plurality.)

How did Nixon open up China? Do you mean he started trading with them? That he laid the groundwork of the situation you have today? Is bankrupting the United States going against the status quo in your opinion?

Napoleon said:
Jimmy Carter had many unpopular stances that saw him end up being a 1 term president, but not shot.

Did he try to abolish the FED? Or the CIA? Seriously, the guy did almost nothing to change anything.

Napoleon said:
And I'm not going to touch the whining that the elite that run countries are given too much power (as is the case in every country in the world), because it's not worth the effort. But I guess that 1800 years ago, everyone had an opinion on the Roman Empire. And 50 years ago, everyone here had an opinion on Peron. And these days, the entire world has an opinion on the US.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Il Cavalliere might rule a corrupt private kingdom, but being the only (legally) Italian in the room, as far as i know, I gotta tell you I voted for him and his party and am doing it again: he sucks but not nearly as much as the *&!##!(%· opposition.

orwellian said:
We always kill the good guys, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. ; Martin Luther King - murdered; Malcolm X - murdered;

And as an extreme anti-racist I'm rather offended by the above comment: you can't put Malcolm X, a self-declared Racist, in the same bag as the intellectual genius and MORAL HERO whose speech still makes me shiver in admiration.

Matt84 said:
Il Cavalliere might rule a corrupt private kingdom, but being the only (legally) Italian in the room, as far as i know, I gotta tell you I voted for him and his party and am doing it again: he sucks but not nearly as much as the *&!##!(%· opposition.

Why not vote for another party then? It's not like they only have two.

Matt84 said:
And as an extreme anti-racist I'm rather offended by the above comment: you can't put Malcolm X, a self-declared Racist, in the same bag as the intellectual genius and MORAL HERO whose speech still makes me shiver in admiration.

"I am not a racist. I am against every form of racism and segregation, every form of discrimination. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color."
Malcolm X.

What do you have against Malcolm X? If you are such an extreme anti-racist you wouldn't be voting for Berlusconi who formed government with the racist Northern League.

orwellian said:
Why not vote for another party then? It's not like they only have two.

Oh sure I can vote for the Greens, or the Rosso or the Fascists... sure lots of options, how fortunate! Berlusconi is the only one that approximates to blue. And he even likes to have a good time! :rolleyes:

orwellian said:
"I am not a racist. I am against every form of racism and segregation, every form of discrimination. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color."
Malcolm X.

What do you have against Malcolm X? If you are such an extreme anti-racist you wouldn't be voting for Berlusconi who formed government with the racist Northern League.

I believe Enoch Powell felt the need to make a similar clarifiatory statement...

The Lega Nord is not about race, they are pathetic though....

Italia is complicated ethnic-wise: Lombards are blonde while Venetians are dark, and they are both Northern. People in Bari and the heel of the boot are almost all of them blond, while that's not the case in Sicilly or Campagna (which is North of Bari)....

The Lega is about the parts of Italy that were industrious independent Republics and Principalities before unification, unlike the Center and the South which were Church dominions and an absolutist "Kingdom of the two Sicillies" respectively.

Back