Some information please

tony_25

Registered
Hi all,

First off this may not be the forum for me. I am not an ex-pat but will be visiting and living in your beautiful city for approx 3 months next year.

I will mostly be staying in hostels.

I was wondering how cheap it is possible to live in BsAs after accom.

Could I get by on €30us per day, including food and going out partying maybe twice per week? Or is this amount of money totally unrealistic?

Thank you :eek:

30 dollars a day works out around 3500 pesos a month. Thats much more than most people earn out here, expats and locals alike.

Shouldn't be a problem, you'll just need to keep an eye on what you're spending.

tony_25 said:
Hi all,

First off this may not be the forum for me. I am not an ex-pat but will be visiting and living in your beautiful city for approx 3 months next year.

I will mostly be staying in hostels.

I was wondering how cheap it is possible to live in BsAs after accom.
Could I get by on €30us per day, including food and going out partying maybe twice per week? Or is this amount of money totally unrealistic?

Thank you :eek:

If you don't mind on living in the areas "on demand", the North part or Zona Norte of Buenos Aires is a good option, asuming you are close to public transportation.

You can get, in San Isidro, a room in a house, shared bathroom and kitchen for AR$ 800/AR$1000 a month, all expenses included. (that's about u$s208/260 a month)

You could start your search here (sorry, it's in Spanish)
http://www.compartodepto.com/index.aspx

Thanks for reply guys.

If one of you have a few minutes could you put an approx price (in US$ or Pesos) beside these items. Sorry for being a pain, just need to budget correctly!! And these items should give me a good idea.

Loaf of bread from supermarket
Breast of chicken from supermarket
Bus ticket across city
Pint of cheapest beer in 'non-trendy' bar
Pint of cheapest been in 'trendy' bar
Internet access per hour in a int. cafe

Also is BsAs similarly priced to the rest of the country, or is it more expensive with it being the capital?

tony_25 said:
Thanks for reply guys.

If one of you have a few minutes could you put an approx price (in US$ or Pesos) beside these items. Sorry for being a pain, just need to budget correctly!! And these items should give me a good idea.

Loaf of bread from supermarket/depending on the type of bread, but a pound of regular bread goes from AR$4.
Breast of chicken from supermarket/Depends also, with or without bone, skin, etc. I would say a whole breast, skinless and boneless could start at AR$12
Bus ticket across city/AR$ 1.10 to AR$ 1.50 PER trip.
Pint of cheapest beer in 'non-trendy' bar/Maybe Quilmes and just guessing here, about AR$12 a liter.
Pint of cheapest been in 'trendy' bar/Don't know.
Internet access per hour in a int. cafe/Maybe 2 to 3 AR$ per hour. If you have a laptop, there's FREE WiFi almost anywhere.

Also is BsAs similarly priced to the rest of the country, or is it more expensive with it being the capital?
It is more expensive, with some exceptions, being housing the first that comes to my mind.(more expensive)

Cheers Kike!

Any of you have any experience of living in Bolivia?

3 boneless skinless chicken breast from a good supermarket - 20 to 25 pesos. I tried the other stuff and it tastes nasty. This is pretty good chicken from Coto. A big loaf of bread 7 pesos. 15 minutes at the internet cafe - 75 centavos. Each bus ticket costs 1 peso and 10 centavos. I don't know what the other stuff costs. Hope it helps.

tony_25 said:
Prices in the provinces some 75% - 50% of BsAs, depending on item - most imported goods approximately same price everywhere (50% import tax makes sure of that).

In Mendoza:
½ kg (1.1 lbs) of pan francés 2.50 at bakers

Mercado Central and super market prices in MDZ: http://baexpats.org/expat-life/5378-prices-supermarket.html#post32830

Back