Something to keep our minds busy

Thank you, Rich One. That was the related case. Too much of a coincidence.

Iz

I wonder if this coronavirus isn’t Nature’s way to curb the human race’s crazy exponential growth. We are too many, and have grown too crowded, too interconnected, and too stressed.

Any thoughts?

P.S. This is just for fun, and personal opinions are welcome. No need to validate them with a learned source.
We might as well spend the quarantine speculating on something…!
[/QUOTE

"we are too many" seems rather subjective to me. Today overpopulation doesn't mean the same as 10 years in the past or in the future. I do think that its a great time for us to disconnect, reflex and enjoy some silence time at home during this quarantine period and yes I was happy to hear that the dolphins are appearing again in Venice.

And to think the console market was shrinking steadily...
This is going to be a great year for online gaming.

Iz

It wouldn't kill enough people to be an effective method of population control on Mother Nature's part. Current mortality rates (lets say 5%) would only result in 310 million dead. Yeah, "only" is a poor choice of words by in the grand scheme of over 7 billion people it is nothing. Even if things really got out of control and that reate increased to 10% (700 million dead), it would not change the issues an expanding population in the billions is causing.

Back