Source for Goo-gone?

djlinse37

Registered
Anyone know of a source for Goo-Gone or the equivalent in BsAs?

For those that don't know, it is a citrus-based cleaning product. You apply just a touch to a paper towel, and you can clean the 'goo' left over on glass, etc. after you take off a sticker or tape. It works great on crayon marks, and lots of other similar things. You do have to clean up the oily residue after you clean with it, but the smell (nice and citrus-y) is great!

they have something similar at EASY (pseudo-Home Depot), not sure what the name is. But once you see it, you will know, that's it. Sometimes they have it by the cashier before check out. Suerte.

I actually have 3/4 of a bottle I imported, that stuff is awesome for sure. WD-40 might be a reasonable substitute...Actually that reminds me, I need to get rid of tape on my windshield after 3 longs months of weekly temporary plates!!! Let me know if you need some, I can give you a few ounces of you have a tough job or something...
Fred
www.silverstarcar.com

You can make your own goo gone with some gasoline and orange peels.

Are you looking to remove something in particular or do you want it as a general cleaner? If you just want to remove some goo then kerosine or gasoline works well. As does alcohol & nair polish remover. Test the area to be cleaned as some products may melt plastics (acetate in some nail polish).

mini said:
You can make your own goo gone with some gasoline and orange peels.

Are you looking to remove something in particular or do you want it as a general cleaner? If you just want to remove some goo then kerosine or gasoline works well. As does alcohol & nair polish remover. Test the area to be cleaned as some products may melt plastics (acetate in some nail polish).

These are all OK suggestions for some, but part of the point of Goo Gone (or similar) is that I don't have to test them out nearly as much. Also, while they may have some petroleum-type products in them, they don't smell like gasoline or kerosene or nail polish remover. This is a very good thing since I'm using them on the windows in my daughter's room and on my brand new refrigerator!

djlinse37 said:
These are all OK suggestions for some, but part of the point of Goo Gone (or similar) is that I don't have to test them out nearly as much. Also, while they may have some petroleum-type products in them, they don't smell like gasoline or kerosene or nail polish remover. This is a very good thing since I'm using them on the windows in my daughter's room and on my brand new refrigerator!

That's why I asked what you needed it for & I said "if you want to remove some goo" IE. it was a one time use. Clearly you don't want to use petroleum products for every day use.

My psychic powers seem to have failed me. ;)

Back