Souveniers For Famiy And Friends In The Us.

Parvati

Registered
Hi All,
What would you bring back home for family and friends? We have some cargo space available, not much, but something like a medium sized rug, could fit. I am bringing dulce de leche, alfajores, some cow hide patchwork decorative pillow cases. Some Messi Shirts and an Argentine team futbol jersey, a high chair made of wood (the old kind with no straps) for a baby... Mates and mate are so local that I don't think it is enjoyed or really valued outside South America. What else? Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks
P

maybe a poncho?

watch out with the yerba, i hear some ppl had problems in the airport

Leather belts are always welcomed too. Tango CD's? Even if they're not tango lovers, I bet they'd like some Pugliese and Piazzolla.

Silver and/or wood teabag display boxes. You know what I mean? Like those they have at La Brioche Doree and McCafe, with compartments for different kinds of tea.

If they like BBQ's/Asados then maybe a gaucho style knife and fork set in a leather holster.
I never do an asado without mine.
Just make sure it's not in your hand-luggage though.....wink smiley.

I think a jarra pingüino for wine makes a great souvenir. They sell them at the indoor market in San Telmo in a couple sizes, or at least that's where I got mine for sentimental reasons (I love that market). If that's a trek for you, I'm sure they're all over the city. I have to say though, when bringing things home people always got the most excited about dulce de leche, alfajores and wine.

i totally agree on the asado set! i bought all of my brother in laws a set, and the absolutely love them! plus i always buy the chimichurri mix, not the liquid one..EWWWW, the best is in the spice sections, and all the herbs are already in a mix! its like 4pesos! a MUST!

Back