space heater

rforte

Registered
hello! recently a friend told me I might want to invest in a small inexpensive space heater before I get to ba. I was thinking of just getting one while there so I wouldn't have to carry it in my luggage. Is this advisable? Are these easy to come by and are they expensive? Otherwise I can go get one from Walmart..
thanks so much!

I would definitely wait until you get here to buy one. First if you are coming from the US the electricity voltage is different so it won't work here without an expensive adapter. You can get a halfway decent space heater here from $150,00 arg (about $38 U$D.) Hope this helps.

personally, I find shopping for things like this one of the best ways to get to know the city.
anyone can go to a mall.

But when you actually go to small neighborhood stores, and talk to people about what you need, you have more fun and learn more.

some of my best BsAs experiences are at the hardware store...

They will definitely be more expensive here, how much I can not say (probably 20% more). If you buy one in your country make sure it can use 240v like Davidglen77 mentioned!

I think it depends mostly in the heater by gas (estufa a gas) that the apartment usually has. Sometimes it is enough to keep warm the whole apartment, sometimes you need a small heater for the bathroom.

rforte said:
lol! i am planning for the winter...:D

I was here for "the big Freeze" in 2007 and I had to put a jacket and hat on on two different days.:eek:

Most places have gas and electric now you know, there are not many places left where there is a hole in the roof and you have to burn some sticks to keep warm.

tangobob said:
I was here for "the big Freeze" in 2007 and I had to put a jacket and hat on on two different days.:eek:

Most places have gas and electric now you know, there are not many places left where there is a hole in the roof and you have to burn some sticks to keep warm.

thanks, good to know. i've been reading mixed responses on the threads for weather in ba. i guess i'll just have to wait and see for myself when the time comes.

rforte said:
thanks, good to know. i've been reading mixed responses on the threads for weather in ba. i guess i'll just have to wait and see for myself when the time comes.

Forgive the touch of sarcasm. But I find that in BsAs they start complaining of the cold when the temperature gets below 10º C.
Our friend would not come out when the temperature dropped to 9º at night even though she had a car, in the basement of her building. She did not actually have to go outside. We walked to Caballito and had an Ice cream at two in the morning.

And here in the UK they call me "Mister nesh" :rolleyes:

Back