Spanish Conversation Partner

Bry33133

Registered
Hi All... my name is Brendan and I am 25 and will be in Buenos Aires for the next 4-5 months. I arrived here last week from Chicago. I am taking Spanish language courses but I was hoping I could also find someone to practice my general conversational skills with. Any advice on this? I know the only way to become fluent is to practice, practice, practice, and that is what I would like to do. Thanks!

I recommend to you the websites language exchange and conversation exchange, where you may find partners for a face to face conversation, or pen-pal, or on line chat. You may go to Spanglish meetings too. Spanglish is open most days of the week, mostly in San Telmo or Palermo locations.

A group of members of this forum gathers once a week, on fridays, for drinks, and there you will find bilingual people to practice with.

Welcome to Buenos Aires!

HI!

I just moved here from NY and would love to practice my spanish with someone. I'm living in Palermo and am free during the week if you want to meet up for coffee and habla en espanol.

[email protected]

peace!

I am an argentinian living in Palermo, available to practice some Spanish, hehe!!!

american from NJ but fluent in spanish willing to help out
pm or fedecruz (at) gmail dot com

I am not a fluent speaker, but I am also from Chicago and would not mind working on my Spanish with a fellow Chicagoan!

HOLA!,

Lets start the real PRACTICA Y ESCRIBAMOS EN CASTELLANO!!!
UNA DE LAS MEJORES INICIATIVAS EN EL TEMA DE PRACTICA POR MEDIO DE CONVERSACION Y GRUPOS DE DIVERSAS NACIONALIDADES Y CULTURAS EN TU MISMA SITUACION... Check out www.talktime.com.ar Suerte!, Mariela Woodbridge - [email protected]

heya, ill be in BA in a few weeks and would open to helping anyone out. i'm fluent in spanish (not argentine castellano) but I think it'd be a good opportunity to help someone with their spanish and get to know the city :D i'll be staying in belgrano.

Any conversation practice is better than no conversation practice but I strongly recommend that whatever language you want to practice, you take up the very generous offers from native speakers on this board and elsewhere. One may build up ones confidence by practicing with someone from ones home country but since language is so much about rhythm, cadence and other subtleties, sharing castellano in broad Yorkshire or broad Texan - or come to that, sharing English in broad porteño - doesn't really do it.

Back