Spider Vein Treatment?

florence

Registered
Does anyone here have experience with medical treatment for spider veins in legs and ankles? What kind of treatment works best, laser or injections? Any good doctors? Does insurance, specifically Medicus, cover it? Is this something I should do in the U.S. or in Argentina? Any info greatly appreciated.

Laser doesn't work so well and hurts. Injections also hurt but give better results. Much cheaper here than in the US. Some OSDE plans cover this. I hate needles, have numerous vein problems, and basically gave up the fight. But when I was doing the injections the results were impressive.

I had treatment in February 2004 because my OSDE plan 310 covered it. The doctor ordered a Doppler sonogram of veins and arteries first. I had injections after which I had to use an elastic band around the leg for a day. I have more spider veins now than I did ten years ago, but I won't have the treatment again. If your plan covers analysis and treatment, then use it.

Check the booklet you receive from Medicus to see if this treatment is covered or ask at their office. It depends on the plan you have. You'll get one of their doctors for the procedure.

I had the same treatment with injections when I had OSDE. The veins came back since the regenerate and it's a treatment that unfortunately requires constant upkeep. However, injections seem to be more effective than laser.

I had the same treatment with injections when I had OSDE. The veins came back since they regenerate and it's a treatment that unfortunately requires constant upkeep. However, injections seem to be more effective than laser.

I had the same treatment with injections when I had OSDE. The veins came back since they regenerate and it's a treatment that unfortunately requires constant upkeep. However, injections seem to be more effective than laser.

Suggest you look at some changes in your diet and exercise prograam. Googlle how to get rid of spider viens naturally. Think you will find a better more lasting, cheaper solution. For temp. relief place sliced potatoes over the viens.

Hahaha. Thank you for the tip. I didn't know you were a phlebologist. I'm a dancer, my diet and exercise problem is fine.

Often bumps, and high impact activities like jogging cause spider veins that have nothing to do with diet, exercise or genetics.

nlaruccia,
If you choose to continue doing surgeries, injections & other procedures recomended by your phlebologist that seemingly aren't working & must be costing a sum of your dancer wages, by all means continue on. However, it did seem Florence was reaching out on this forum for ideas and suggestions from members. Your response to my suggestions was sarcastic and dismissive. Not nice.
Alternatives abound if only you look. Suggest you reread the book "Green Eggs & Ham" to start the process to open your mind to the possibilities of treatment outside the Western Medical mentality. You may after all learn that natural remedies might be a good alternative to what you have tried and been less than satisfied.
You might want to look at this site for some natural treatment and advise.

http://www.natural-a...f-spider-veins/

Back