Starbucks creates PR crisis in Argentina by apologizing

Absurd. The Nacionalistas denouncing Starbucks for apologising to the public for having nationally-made (the problem is not so much the origin it's that they sucked and were literally falling apart)

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a multi-national chain such as Starbucks in which part of their success internationally is based on the fact that they offer similar products/services/ambience at all of their locations worldwide-- and if this is not the case, as is what is happening now--- publically apologising to the effected public.

The week before I left BA (before I almost had my head blown off and had practically all my belongings stolen at force from my Palermo soho loft) Hard Rock Cafe had apology memos all over the place apologising for a lack of: souvenir glasses/mugs and of all things, some condiments for the burgers.

International chains that pride themselves on having strong branding worldwide and brig consistent are being affected by this hugely to the point of even considering closing in the Argentine market, because it's hurting them from an image standpoint.

Sleuth said:
http://thenextweb.com/la/2012/07/16...facebook-creates-pr-crisis/?awesm=tnw.to_l1VP

Basically Starbucks says that they can no longer get imported Starbucks cups so they are being forced to use local products. This gets the Argentine Twittersphere all bent out of shape over their apology for having to use local products.

Really? Is there much of a doubt that local products tend to be inferior to imported items and usually at much higher cost. Have you seen the toilet paper and paper towels here? Walked around Easy and compared it to Home Depot? Tried to buy clothes here?

I guess when it comes from a major corporation, it makes a difference and gets people upset.

HUGE KUDOS to Starbucks for calling out the ridiculous government restrictions on imports!! Paper cups??? Really??

People should be pissed that a company can't import paper cups. The quality of every AR product I have ever bought is inferior to garbage.

Back