Starting a Business in Buneos Aires

iStar said:
I was thinking of starting a business in Buenos Aires and was wondering how difficult is the process?

Do I need to be a citizen? Would it be easier if I have a local business partner?

Does anyone own or operate a business here? I'd love to hear from you.

Any suggestions, advice is welcomed :)

Thanks so much.

iStar, while the advise below is certainly "interesting" why anyone would seriously suggest to you that starting a business in Argentina is a good thing is very misguided. I would NEVER consider opening a business here under the current conditions and government.

Most that are currently running businesses haven't opened them within the last couple years and are not up-to-date on the current conditions an walls you will run into.

It is a mess, will cost you vast amounts of money, and if you do get to the point where you can actually open it, unless you are willing to keep your tongue in the ass crack of some Gov official or union thug, you will close down quickly.

While it is a noble thought, I would STRONGLY suggest you reconsider bringing any business to this disaster of a country.

JWS the original post by isatr is from October 2009, by now their business must be up and running I guess.....

Regarding my last message it was a reply to a pm i recieved recently.....
nothing else...

Back