Sterling → Pesos, Pesos → Sterling

TWB103

Registered
Dios mio I cant keep up.

I'm expecting to organise a loan from the UK for £5000 or so. Im figuring with this fairly small amount perhaps the easiest thing to do is just withdraw from an ATM the maximum every day for a month or so.

However the repayment of the loan is somewhat trickier as obviously ill be earning in ever devaluing pesos.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how best to convert my pesos into pounds to repay the loan into the UK account of the lender? Id probably want to make weekly repayments.
Thanks

If your solvency relies upon converting pesos (with a dwindling real value against most hard currencies) into hard currency, I would think carefully.

An option might be to send an Argentine credit card associated with your bank account to the UK, get a relative to withdraw cash on the cc to pay into the lender account over the counter in the UK.

Again. Think carefully about the effects of inflation, devaluing peso etc.

If you take cash from your UK account , you will be debited at around 13/14 per GBP

To buy pounds in a cueva, if you are lucky enough to find any , you will b elooking at paying 23/24 , if not more.

So straight away it doesnt look like a good deal.

If you are bringing cash from the UK , use AZIMO , who will pay around 22/23.

Getting pounds back to the UK te repay your loan , unless you use realtives or friends will be difficult.

Dios mio I cant keep up.

I'm expecting to organise a loan from the UK for £5000 or so. Im figuring with this fairly small amount perhaps the easiest thing to do is just withdraw from an ATM the maximum every day for a month or so.

I'm not sure I understand this. Withdraw pesos from your UK account at a bank/ATM here? I wouldn't do that... you'll be getting the official value.

From the moment your pounds are turned into pesos, you'll start losing money. The peso is only going downhill (who knows how much this downward trend will accelerate?) so in time you'll be paying more and more pesos to make payments.

Back