Still Impossible To Source Stuff

I've never so much as tried to get anything sent here from outside the country via official or commercial channels. Never, ever sounded like a good idea. Suitcases only.

ejcot - I'd seen it, the problem is that even though the battery is Prime, it only offers 2-day shipping. I had somebody flying here last night who could've brought it, but there wasn't enough time. I have Prime and had this item offered 1-day shipping for an extra $4 as is normally possible I'd have taken it. But Amazon would only deliver it by today, which was too late.

Re the aduana auction: shameless.

They know full well that most of the stuff they kept over these past years were under unfair, capricious and absurd rules, imposed by a government they were supposed to turn the page on. It's not like they need to search to find the owners - they literally have the addresses. The decent thing to do would be to try to deliver as much of this s**t as they could.

To auction it off like lost or foreclosed property? Shameless.

Re the aduana auction: shameless.

They know full well that most of the stuff they kept over these past years were under unfair, capricious and absurd rules, imposed by a government they were supposed to turn the page on. It's not like they need to search to find the owners - they literally have the addresses. The decent thing to do would be to try to deliver as much of this s**t as they could.

To auction it off like lost or foreclosed property? Shameless.

Totally agree.

Despite the niggles I used to have very positive feelings about living in this country and could see myself staying here for good. That was until parcels of goodies sent by family in the UK started going missing or when the odd one made it through I found it had been opened. Silly I know but that was when my whole attitude to being here changed. These new rules have helped to alleviate some of the negative thoughts but not enough to make me want to stay here for good.We're going to see how things are in five years before deciding what to do.

Got a notice from Correo Argentino that I had a package waiting at Aduana in Retiro. I went, stood in line for an hour to get a number, sat on a bench for 30 minutes waiting to show my notice, then waited inside for another hour to get my number called. The 'package" was an envelope. Inside was a birthday card from my mom and 10 photographs of the family. When I explained the absurdity of the situation to the guy behind the counter just shrugged his shoulders and said, "That's the way it is." I had some things to say but I let it go.

Looks like the new law comes into effect on Friday. Or maybe Monday.....

http://www.infobae.com/economia/2016/08/24/compras-en-el-exterior-la-entrega-puerta-a-puerta-se-podra-usar-desde-este-viernes/

I finally got my notice that my package came in - I have to go to retiro. It came with very vague and unclear instructions to go on AFIP website and fill out a "overseas purchase" form, but I didn't purchase or order anything. I'm thinking of just going and trying to pick it up, but another package was sent on the same day so I really don't want to make the trip twice. Maybe the second package is in the "door delivery" pile, but who knows?

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how I can find people coming here who would bring a large package for me from the us?

Back