Store that sells Salsa Casera?

HeyBA

Registered
Anyone know a store that sells GOOD close to homemade fresh pasta sauce?

Does this exist?

La Juvenil.
But there's NOTHING like actual fresh pasta sauce and it takes no time

Thanks guys

Lee, I'm looking more for sauce for pasta, not sure if I said that right, though that recipe does look good!

Bebero, got an easy recipe? The thing is, I don't want to invest in seasonings and things because I may be changing apartments soon. I don't even have salt! I checked La Juvenil, but the one by my house didn't have any sauce out. I'll ask the staff there.

sorry I just saw this! recipe (very easy): stir fry chopped onion with a little garlic in olive oil. add five or six chopped fresh tomatoes. cover in water and let it cook for about an hour. add a handful of fresh basil before serving. if you want, you can use a mixer to make it liquid, but it should be pretty smooth.

La Juvenil sells a good half dozen sauces- how could you not see it? They have big signs telling the flavors behind the counter, too.
Me, I usually buy scarpero or pesto, but for store bought, all of their sauces are pretty good.

better to make your own, of course...

To the OP: At local stores not all products are on display, make sure you ask for what you are looking for. That being said, all fresh pasta stores sell their own sauces, just ask for them :)

I second Bebero's basic sauce recipe...that's pretty much what I do. Now that it's getting hotter, I'll even just fry a little garlic and then chop up tomatoes (uncooked), basil and shelled, blanched broad (fava) beans and chuck that in with a drizzle of olive oil and some grated cheese. Another, even easier recipe is to fry garlic, add a jar of passata (smashed up tomatoes...get actual passata - the one in a glass jar with no added flavours or anything), basil and olives.

La juvenil does sauce, either in little tubs or you can ask for it. A lot of neighbourhood pasta shops will also do a basic "tuco" type sauce...Again, you often have to ask for it.

Back