Stores for indian food?

esllou

Registered
I have to cook an indian meal in early august and wanted to know if anyone could help me out. Are there any stores in BA where I can get hold of ingredients (esp. sauces, etc) for curries? Any dedicated shops of this type around?

thanks in advance

You can get some of the ingredients in the foreign food sections of the supermarkets in Palermo & Recoleta, etc. Otherwise your will have a better choice for sure in the Barrio Chino supermarkets.

Try Sabores de la India in the Belgrano Area. The address is Ciudad de la Paz 1739, it is 3 blocks from the subway station Jose Hernandez on Line D. Better to call before going, if you live far away. 4783-3424/4783-1087

You might find something that interests you at Medio Oriente on the corner of Malabia and Cabrera in Palermo.

purpleyogi said:
Try Sabores de la India in the Belgrano Area. The address is Ciudad de la Paz 1739, it is 3 blocks from the subway station Jose Hernandez on Line D. Better to call before going, if you live far away. 4783-3424/4783-1087

This is the kind of "on the nose" exactamundo help that makes BAexpats so great. Thanks purpleyogi. I think that I might check that place out as well.

allcraz said:
You might find something that interests you at Medio Oriente on the corner of Malabia and Cabrera in Palermo.

I think that I've been to this place. They have food to go/ "take away" (if it's the place I'm thinking of). I found that it was much more Eastern Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food than Indian food. They had dolmas (stuffed grape leaves), couscous dishes, and things involving pan arabe and the like. It was good, but not very Indian.

Could someone else confirm this? Thanks.

Yes, Medio Oriente is an Armenian store so great for falafels, humus, baba ganoush etc but not so good for Indian food though you might get yoghurt for your raita (but Damasco on S. Ortiz has the best yoghurt I think).

Back