Strength & Conditioning Personal Trainer

Mountainfit

Registered
My name is Mark Kalch and I offer personal training services to suit your goals. Whether you want to improve your health and fitness, strength, lose weight or prepare for a specific athletic endeavour I can help.

Workouts can take place in the beautiful Buenos Aires parks or in your home. Training sessions utilise TRX trainers, bungee cord, kettlebell, boxing and calisthenics (Ginastica Natural).

Sessions are designed to be as efficient and effective as possible while also keeping things fun! Otherwise, what is the point???

My fairly extreme athletic endeavours (outlined below in brief background) combined with my university degree and love of simplicity has allowed me to develop training techniques and sessions which just work! No rubbish, just hard work and a big smile!

Check out a piece on my own training in the latest edition of Men's Fitness magazine here.

Brief background: I have a Bachelors degree in Sport and Exercise Science from the Queensland University of Technology, Australia. My initial training focus was strength and conditioning for sporting teams and athletes.

I am a sponsored kayaker paddling big rivers all over the world. In 2008 I made a successful paddling descent of the Amazon River from source to sea. 4150 miles in 153 days. In 2012 I made a successful solo paddling first descent of the Missouri-Mississippi River in the US from source to sea. 3780 miles in 117 days (interview in Canoe and Kayak magazine here). I am the only person to have paddled both the longest rivers in North and South America respectively. The two rivers are part of my 7 Rivers 7 Continents project - paddling the longest river on each continent from source to sea. A combined distance of some 22 000 miles. www.7rivers7continents.com

In 2010 I walked alone across the entire Islamic Republic of Iran from the Caspian Sea in the north to the Persian Gulf in the south. The journey took me a little over 60 days and I covered 1200 miles across mountains and desert.

I have also led charity groups on adventurous journeys, most notably to the summit of the world's highest free standing mountain, Kilimanjaro, in Tanzania. I have stood on the summit 7 times with groups including sporting celebrities and amputee climbers.

I am a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and train in Buenos Aires under the Gracia Humaita family. At the beginning of May I won double gold at the Copa Mercosur 2013.

If you are interested in discussing how we might work together to help you achieve you health and fitness goals please email [email protected]. In the meantime please check out the links in my signature below.

Chau

Mark Kalch FRGS

www.markkalch.com
www.7rivers7continents.com

Twitter: MarkKalch

Mark,

Visiting Buenos Aires later this week for a few weeks. Staying in Palermo area. Wanted to learn more about the logistics (rates, training location, etc.)

Thank you.

Hey Mark,

I would be interested in your rates as well.
Are you here for a while? Would be interested in a month or so. Cheers.

Back