Studying Spanish Low Cost In Buenos Aires- Recommendations?

emma2999

Registered
I'm trying to find a place to study Spanish in Buenos Aires. I'm realizing that my two years of high school Spanish won't get me far here. I'm located in Palermo. I've checked out a few schools, but they were on the expensive side...

Where do you recommend? I'm going to check out the local primary/secondary schools later this week.

Thanks for the help!

Chau!

Forget the schools and go private! Like many, including myself, have said here, it's faster to learn and cheaper to get a tutor. Adriana Crom, who has been recommended dozens of times on this forum, is the best. A total life changing experience. She's in Recoleta, teaches in her quiet apartment, and speaks perfect English. A quick search will uncover more recs for her, as well as her contact information.
Suerte!

I think she does teach on Skype. I don't think she has a website.

I think she does teach on Skype. I don't think she has a website.
I called her, she doesn't teach on Skype and she doesn't take payment over PayPal. Only the old fashion cash style in her Recoleta apartment, too bad.

I highly recommend www.ProyectoSantelmo.com for the most accessible (inexpensive) private lessons in Buenos Aires. I first started studying there in 2009 and at the time they were charging just over $7 US an hour. Right now their fee for private lessons is under $7 US an hour. San Telmo is a bit of a trek from Palermo but there's lots to see and do in this very low density bohemian barrio. They are located on Humberto Primo a couple of blocks from Plaza Dorrego. I found the lessons therapeutic and well as educational.

Or you can go to the 'lenguas vivas' institute on Carlos Pellegrini where you pay about 200 AR$ for four months of Spanish classes (2 hours twice a week).

http://ieslvf.caba.infd.edu.ar/sitio/index.cgi

What do you consider expensive? If you are going to be here any length of time Spanish should be a priority and worth investing in. Even after you go it'll stand to you, good for the brain, good for any career you might get into and in some statesd in the US it's useful when opening bank accounts and doing the shopping!

Back