Subte and pick-pocketing...

Neil

Registered
I just returned from a trip on the D-line..Est Palermo..the car was pretty full and a group of "thieves" were making the rounds....Right in front of me was a girl w/ purse, their m.o was to conceal their actions with a coat over their arm...I saw the fingers trying to open her purse, alerted her and the thieve's got off at next station (getting back on the next car as their cover was blown..!). This all appened in 30 seconds..so be carefull folk's..there out there.....!!:(

Neil said:
I just returned from a trip on the D-line..Est Palermo..the car was pretty full and a group of "thieves" were making the rounds....Right in front of me was a girl w/ purse, their m.o was to conceal their actions with a coat over their arm...I saw the fingers trying to open her purse, alerted her and the thieve's got off at next station (getting back on the next car as their cover was blown..!). This all appened in 30 seconds..so be carefull folk's..there out there.....!!:(
Alerting her was very nice......but, weren't you secretly thinking of grabbing the guy and breaking his arm, off?:eek:

:eek: Think there would have been any help had I acted??

As for breaking his arm..I once wanted to stop the cab I was in and take off after a guy running with another mans backpack..... The cab driver said NO NO NO.... and told me a story about when he was robbed by a man with a knife but was able to punch the man and take the knife away and not be robbed... but with the argentina justice system.. the robber filed a complaint against the cab driver and won 1500 pesos since the cab driver hit him!!!! crazy!!!!!.... well that is the story that I was told...

"the robber filed a complaint against the cab driver and won 1500 pesos since the cab driver hit him!!!! crazy!!!!!"

sounds like england/USA! :)

So true about sounding like the USA......
I remember the story of a robber in the USA who broke in a house somehow fell and broke his ankle and sued the homeowner for damages..... yes crazy

I was on the D line towards Congreso station with my husband Thursday and a young man had a coat over his arm while getting closer to me on the subway. A lady motioned me to watch him and I moved to the other side of the train and he proceeded to get off at the next station. One must always be observant.

"I remember the story of a robber in the USA who broke in a house somehow fell and broke his ankle and sued the homeowner for damages..... yes crazy"

"the robber filed a complaint against the cab driver and won 1500 pesos since the cab driver hit him!!!! crazy!!!!!"

Maybe Urban Legends?

Be careful if you are actually able to hit, slap, or even push someone who is trying to pick your pocket, especially if they are young. It is illegal to hit a minor in Argentina. You could be in deep doodoo just for "defending" yourself.

Assault is probably a crime in every country. And beating up kids is obviously worse. And I'd like to see some proof of someone who were prosecuted for a gentle push.

Back