Subte Crowding Levels During Peak Hours

MorganF

Registered
A question only for those of you who were also in BA ten or more years ago --

Is it me or is the subte slightly LESS crowded now, during peak hours, than it was 10-15 years ago? My main rush hour experience is on the D line so, in particular, that is what I'm referencing - but maybe it's a more general trend?

There is a high chance that this change is only in my imagination or my biased perception and does not correspond in any way to reality - which is why I wanted to get your thoughts.

If you weren't in BA ten or more years ago, please don't answer the question :) To be clear, I'll define 10 years or more ago as "on or before July 30, 2007". I'll check your passport stamps :) hehe

Wait 2007 was TEN years ago. This is news, I know. Now that is depressing!

Morgan

There are more trains per line. I don't ride the D, but I can say the B is still as packed as ever, even with new trains on the line. They still have tonnes of old ones too, and those crappy ones from, I think, Barcelona that are terrible, 4 people facing each other and your knees bang up against each other all the time. the layout is awful. At least they have a/c.

Didn't we read on BAEXPATS,recently, that the city wanted to rid the streets of cars? How will that effect the public transit systems? LOL

There are more trains per line. I don't ride the D, but I can say the B is still as packed as ever, even with new trains on the line. They still have tonnes of old ones too, and those crappy ones from, I think, Barcelona that are terrible, 4 people facing each other and your knees bang up against each other all the time. the layout is awful. At least they have a/c.

I believe Madrid, not Barcelona. Other cars came from Japan - the Japanese were getting rid of their old equipment on the Marinouchi Line so they sold them to Argentina. I think the subway is even more crowded than a decade or two ago but maybe it's my imagination.

Back