Subtitled Movies at Cine Recoleta

Lulu-Kyoko

Registered
I was thinking of going to go and see a movie this evening at Cine Recoleta. I went to their website to see what was playing, and I'm a bit confused.

All of the movies are listed with Spanish titles. About half say SUBTL and the other half say CAST. So obviously, some are in English with subtitles and some have been dubbed.

But-- there are some films where SUBTL/CAST is not specified (ex. A Roma con amor, Perfecto plano, Sombras tenebrosas). So... what do you think? Can I assume that they are in English?

With titles like A Roma con Amor, Perfecto Plano, Sombras Tenebrosas I would assume they are in Castellano...without subtitles!

Yes, but Roma con amor is a Woody Allen film. Perfecto Plano is a crappy American movies about New Yorkers with kids, and Sombras Tenebrosas is a Tim Burton film (I think).

Do you really think they would put all of that effort into dubbing them? Given their rather limited audience? I suppose it doesn't really matter, as seeing a movie in Castellano would be good practice (and To Rome with Love is probably quite beautiful).

Take it from a cinephile... foreign movies here are ALWAYS SUBTITLED unless it says otherwise. It will say "CAST" if the movie has been dubbed into Spanish.

Movies from Spain, Argentina, or other Spanish-speaking countries usually do not say CAST because it is a given that the movie will be in Spanish.

The best source for movie information here is cinesargentinos.com.ar.

They usually only dub kids movies in spanish, and will show them with spanish subtitles (english/original audio) later in the day or night.

If the movie is ment for adults, such as Woody Allen's, it always has original audio and spanish subtitles.

They always translate the movie title though (and many times completely change it!) for advertising, so I see how it can be a bit confusing.

Back